Scott Walker may eliminate Wi state income tax.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I hope he sets a precedence for other states to follow. If he does this and it's successful and draws businesses to his state then others will certainly want to do the same. Best of luck Mr. Walker.

shooter

Illinois' Favorite State Park-Wisconsin

I love the guy. He took a mess, made a tough decision and stuck to his guns and made it work. I'd vote for him!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I agree with Walker on many issues and voted for him in both the general election and the recall. That being said, he sometimes just throws things out there to get in the national spotlight. He has dreams of DC and I don't think he always has WI interests in his agenda. He is afterall, still a politician

Dropping the income tax sounds great, but it just means the state will get it's taxes elsewhere...sales tax, fees, property taxes....either way the average citizen will pay the same amount. Maybe some wealthy folks will get a break, but not many will see anything after everything is tallied up.

If they don't take the blood from your left arm, they will get it from your right.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Accurate statement. If nothing is done to reduce the spending then shifting the income burden to a different source does nothing to cure the problems of to large a government.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Up here in Washington state no income tax but every once-in-awhile a small group of politicians raise their voices about doing away with it. Last I heard their remains have never been found. Another good thing too is if you win the state lotto, the mega million or the powerball jackpot guess what.. no state taxes on it..just federal.

Members online

No members online now.