term limits

SWSS

Full Access Member
survey if you will, since representatives and senators have varying term amounts, what would an acceptable term limit be? The president only gets two four year-terms, why not set them for another branch? Thanks.

Arckadian

At this late point in that particular game.... I think it would be hard to set a limit now... but if we were able to set one...... something comperable to what the president already has would be an interesting idea to instate in the senate and congress. If the politicians knew that their time was limited maybe they would be more willing to use the time more wisely...

However even with a time limit on that how do you deal with the corrupt politician? Should there be limits on what the politician can do and if so where would you start?

SWSS

Full Access Member
agree with the in too deep thought.
why not go back to the framework originaly set forth, the bill of rights and the Constituion. To me it is akin to the Holy Bible, written long ago but still very relevent. I believe that when the states were cut out ( and still are being) of the power vested to them by our founding fathers, the federal monster was cut loose.
The federal government needs to get the hell out of the way and let American power shine. I honestly have yet to see, other than our military and defense groups, a government agency that has earned its right to weld the power they have.
Why do we need czars of any sort? my stars there are more than enough agencies to go around...my revolution will be in the ballot.

I believe people should be more involved, educate people, although you cant fix stupid!! hahaha

sorry, didnt mean to rant on.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Oh it's never too late. The problem is the idiots currently serving (themselves) would never vote themselves out of office.

With that, the power has always been in the hands of the voter and unfortunately, voters don't always vote responsibly. Funny how there are laws to drink responsibly, but not voting where even greater harm can happen... go figure

SWSS

Full Access Member
well, i meant too late for this current POS congress...Obama gets another term, we're screwed...even Biden would say so! :disgust:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Not only term limits but age limits too. Some of these congressmen are so old they have to be wheeled in. You gotta know their faculties are gone. How can they make a good decision when they don't know their own name anymore?

I'd also like to see an investigative team that keeps an eye on each and every politician to make sure they are making decisions for the good of the country and not how best to line their pockets. If they are found to be taking money under the table to swing a vote then it's tar and feather time.

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Not only term limits but age limits too. Some of these congressmen are so old they have to be wheeled in. You gotta know their faculties are gone. How can they make a good decision when they don't know their own name anymore?
because it is who they are, besides who said they made good decisions at any time?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
And another thing. They can't be making laws that only apply to us. Any law they make, they should have to follow as well. Did you know they are exempt from "insider trading" laws. Ridiculous. They should be held to a higher standard and set the example.

ViperJeff

Administrator
And another thing. They can't be making laws that only apply to us. Any law they make, they should have to follow as well. Did you know they are exempt from "insider trading" laws. Ridiculous. They should be held to a higher standard and set the example.

Like that will happen :plugged:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Like that will happen :plugged:

We can only hope. It will take a "cleaning of the house" and a whole new mindset of the people filling the positions. They will need to put the country and it's people first instead of themselves. I feel that many have entered politics with that in their heart but quickly become corrupt once rubbing elbows with the elders who take them under their wing and show them the dark side with easy money and power.

Members online

No members online now.