Unconcealed Carry

cce1302

Full Access Member
In many states, it isn't required that your holstered handgun be concealed.

I've been carrying openly for about 5 years.

Who else open carries?

soonershooter

Nov 1 Oklahoma begins allowing open carry. I'll probably still conceal but I won't have to worry about the gun being seen anymore.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
What regulations do you have in order to open carry in your state ??? Florida does not allow at this time :Frustrated:

cce1302

Full Access Member
What regulations do you have in order to open carry in your state ??? Florida does not allow at this time :Frustrated:

In Indiana it is as simple as the absence of prohibition. Indiana law does not mention "concealed carry" of a handgun or "open carry" of a handgun. It simply says carry, which is legal with a License (permission slip :( ) from the state.

You guys are making good progress in Florida. I expect to see legal open carry down there within 5 years if you keep working on it.

Arckadian

Techincally Utah has an unconcealed carry law, but the weapon has to be no less than 2 mechanical movements from being ready to fire if you dont have a CCL. The only problem is, you can still be talked to by the police if you open carry.

Okiespaniel

The same as concealed is now. Oklahoma just took the concealed carry law and added the words "or unconcealed" everywhere it said concealed.

Right...but you still have to go through the courses and apply for a concealed carry permit whether you carry open or not

States like Arizona have unlicensed open carry and now have unlicensed concealed carry.

MacGuyInNC

North Carolina allows open carry. However, it's a catch-22. While open carry is legal, you could still conceivably get arrested for "causing terror in the public," which is a BS loophole.

I suppose if you were in downtown Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, or Asheville, they're more likely to try springing that on you. Lame hippies. :mad:

Open carrying in the middle of Albemarle or Raeford, you might get asked by the sheriff, "so whatcha carrying? You like it? How much it run ya? Where can I get one?" :D

cce1302

Full Access Member
North Carolina allows open carry. However, it's a catch-22. While open carry is legal, you could still conceivably get arrested for "causing terror in the public," which is a BS loophole.

I suppose if you were in downtown Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, or Asheville, they're more likely to try springing that on you. Lame hippies. :mad:

Open carrying in the middle of Albemarle or Raeford, you might get asked by the sheriff, "so whatcha carrying? You like it? How much it run ya? Where can I get one?" :D

I've read about that happening a couple times down there in NC, but both incidents that I read ended in the guy being acquitted and the judge saying that simply carrying a holstered handgun in the open does not constitute GATTOP. One of them, I believe, even took place at an airport.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator

You can add Hillsborough to that list too. It's Chapel Hill North. Bunch of liberal, whiny, pansy asses. The emotional distress they must go through actually seeing a gun out in the open. Hurts their fragile emotions. They need immediate therapy.

I base this on all the Obama signs I saw while passing through.

MacGuyInNC

You can add Hillsborough to that list too. It's Chapel Hill North. Bunch of liberal, whiny, pansy asses. The emotional distress they must go through actually seeing a gun out in the open. Hurts their fragile emotions. They need immediate therapy.

I base this on all the Obama signs I saw while passing through.

Hillsborough is just country enough that I felt I didn't need to include it on the list. Kinda 50/50, but you're right... It's a "burb" of Chapel Hill.

Thankfully, I don't live there.

And I'm glad to hear that judges have some common sense left. Simply carrying a legally-owned, holstered pistol in an area where it's not prohibited by law should never be considered "inciting terror." A citizen/resident exercising a legal right should not be beholden by the weak constitutions of others.

Hmmm... I think that just became my signature.

oppo

Full Access Member
I wish Texas allowed open carry. I would still conceal most of the time because it has advantages but I would probably switch to OWB and worry a lot less about printing.

Members online

No members online now.