Your Thoughts on Guberment Vs. Apple

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here's Mine.....
Any-society-that-would-give-up-a-little-liberty.jpg

doublestack

In this type of case(terrorism) I think Apple should crack phone and give feds the info on phone. Apple should not give technology to anyone.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Somebody screwed up. It sounds like they would have had access to the phones info if someone hadn't reset the password. Now it sounds like they want Apple to fix their mistake. And they're not sure it's even possible.

I still say this is a slippery slope and may set a precedence that can't be undone. Shoot! What am I worrying about, the government never abuses it's power or snoops on regular civilians.

Article said:
The password for the San Bernardino shooter's iCloud account associated with his iPhone was reset hours after authorities took possession of the device.

The Justice Department acknowledged in its court filing that the password of Syed Farook's iCloud account had been reset. The filing states, "the owner [San Bernardino County Department of Public Health], in an attempt to gain access to some information in the hours after the attack, was able to reset the password remotely, but that had the effect of eliminating the possibility of an auto-backup."

Apple could have recovered information from the iPhone had the iCloud password not been reset, the company said. If the phone was taken to a location where it recognized the Wi-Fi network, such as the San Bernardino shooters' home, it could have been backed up to the cloud, Apple suggested.
San Bernardino Shooter's iCloud Password Changed While iPhone was in Government Possession - ABC News

Last edited:

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
.gov will eventually produce "something" on all the executive officers and BoD of Apple. Threatening them with it, Apple will then fold faster than Superman on laundry day. :rolleyes:

Predicted here first!

Arckadian

When it comes to the phones and the cracks that the FBI want installed on the phone. . . . Uhh no, I like the fact that there is security on the device. If they wanted it open they should have asked first to get the phone opened instead of doing the quick and easy path. Ahh what do they say about hindsight?

Full Access Member
Why should the FBI be able to tell any company to make something that does not currently exist, and then use it for themselves? There are literally hundreds of LEOs waiting in line to use this back door.

Bluez

Full Access Member
While law enforcement activies might be laudable but do they outrank civil liberties.
Not even close.

kwo51

Full Access Member
That would depend on who you are asking ! Some would say in order to provide domestic tranquility nothing can be secret. Those people exist in our government now and are only kept in check by vigilant citizens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts