Half the nation's worst shootings ever have occurred since 2007

ViperJeff

Administrator
Jeff,
I'm prolly as disgusted with the liberals as much as you, but what can we do to educate them? Unfortunately neither side wishes to budge a inch. My bleeding heart liberal friends on facebook(keep your friends close and enemies closer;-)) want to abolish handguns and overtax the flintlocks they will allow us to own after completing a month long psych evaluation!
All I can do is explain in a passive manner my reasoning's behind my statements and follow through with their rebuttals.
Yes we have laws, but they are not working and the legal system needs to be revamped in a bad way. My main goal would be to make the prison population work for the public...not the opposite!
It's a uphill battle, but one that needs to be fought in a intelligent non-demeaning nature. That is hard to do when a former co-worker was shot and killed in a fit of road rage here in Seattle not too many months ago by a person who was supposedly a "responsible" owner.

I'm sorry for your losss, and I understand a lot more now... Thank You

I will keep your co-workers family in my prayers tonight

I'm really an open minded guy. I will listen to just about anything and I never toss anything to the curb because of political stance. I guess I'm still waiting for someone to do something that makes sense. Especially when it comes to laws. You probably need to know that I work for the government and I've seen council members do things that make no sense whats so ever. They act and legislate with no intelligence. I've seen lawyers for the government talk about programs in which I know from what they are saying that they have no idea, they just have an opinion.

There has to be intelligence behind any decision and right now and there is non, just emotion (me included):favorites13:

Vj

KKing

Full Access Member
Am I the only one that's lost sleep over all this? Selfishly, I'm afraid of what dark path any legislation that will come from this may lead us down. It's not simply taking away my guns that bother me. My guns are polymer and stainless, they shoot copper and lead, they're only material possessions to me. I won't dare let them go easy, but it's not the object itself that I care to give up. It's the "what ifs". I, like I gather many of you are, am a family first kind of guy. My life will be laid down given the choice before any of my family's. I have no fear of where my soul goes when I leave this earth. What I fear is the inability to protect my family. Now, I'm in good shape, I'm a big fella physically, and I'm trained in martial arts. I consider my chances pretty good in any type of hand to hand fight, but how many criminals break into houses, looking for a fair fight?! What I hate more than anything through all of this is that we as Americans have to be so threatened with removal of our rights after a tragedy to even justify this conversation. As Americans I believe we should be able to rest assured in our rights, and let the deaths of these poor precious souls be mourned by their families the way they deserve. Sorry for the rant, but this entire ordeal bothers me, from both sides. I think I need a drink

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
NO, you're not the only one losing sleep over this. I also just posted about my Uncles death anniversary which was gun related. I'm not losing sleep over the fear of legislation though. I have a feeling there will be nothing we can do, but will lose assault weapons and probably hi cap mags. Will it do a bit of good??? Hell NO !!! But the weakest of politicians will do at least that to make it appear as if they did something about the recent shootings. Just like the Brady bill that has not a damn thing to do with the Reagan shooting and James Brady being paralyzed. He was shot with a .22 Revolver God's sake. So put a 10 limit on Mag Cap??? hmmmm, Goes to show how bad politicians are at math. If they can't calculate that 10 is more than 6, no fuggin wonder they can't balance a budget in the trillions.

What's got me messed up is laying down to crash for the night and turned on the news. I seen the names where released of the victims. 20 children and 6 women !!! What a phukin pussy !!! Women and Children !!! I thought I was a bit tougher than this. I know life is tough and nothing would have prevented this guy from doing what he wanted to do. As soon as they showed 2 pics of the little girls that were killed. There was no controlling the tears rolling down my face. Hell I wasn't crying, but they just went. Talk about emotional overload I guess. I live in OKC and was only 6 miles from the bombing when it happened. I lost a neighbor that lived directly across the street, 2 church members, and a former co worker. My bro lost 6 co workers, my mother lost 4 business partners. I was also downtown delivering refrigerators to store recovered body parts on the scene. I controlled myself through all of that. Not sure why this situation took a toll on me like it did. :shrug:

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What we need is some concrete information. I was watching Fox News last night with Geraldo Rivera and he was interviewing an ex-cop/lawyer type guy that was making up all kinds of stuff. First he was talking about the .223 and how powerful a weapon it is. Then saying the guy was possibly using it fully auto. He and Geraldo were out to demonize the gun itself. They went on to describe it as a weapon of war.

My problem with this is they said it was a Bushmaster. So the chances are really slim that it is capable of full auto. Semi auto..yes, full auto...I don't think so. Plus, initial reports said it was left on the back seat of the car. So if that's correct, he didn't even us it. He used the two handguns. But they kept talking about the Bushmaster because it's an assault weapon. They are out to demonize semi auto's and make them evil. I was yelling at the TV that they were both full of Sh!+.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Hell NO it wasn't full auto. All news channels say all 3 guns were legally purchased by his mother. I don't see some old lady buying a full auto weapon. And why does powerful matter in this case? At point blank range, .22LR is a powerful weapon. The guy could have done just as much damage with a Ruger 10/22, He'd have accomplished the same also with just the Glock and the Sig. I'm sure these kids didn't put up much of a fight. You can bet the pussies will come out in groves blaming the guns.

Sooner or later, these idiots will realize it's not the guns that cause these things to happen. It's mentally disturbed people that do these things. This killer seems to fit the bill of most of these mass murderers. Smart, weird and a loner. His mother had pulled him out of school and home schooled him. Personally, I don't care for home schooling. I know there are some reasons for it, but to many take advantage of it. My bother wanted to home school his kids and told me how stupid I was for not wanting to home school my kids. My belief is part of going to school is learning how to get along with society. Dealing with bad kids, good kids, white kids, black kids, drug users, bible thumpers, different attitudes, people you don't like, people that get on your nerves. Teachers that have different styles that they will like and dislike. It's about learning real life coping skills. When you get out in the real world, you don't get to choose your bosses and coworkers.

I have a feeling this kid was bullied in school. You can see his teen pic. He wasn't Mr. Popular for sure. I sure hope people can understand about that shit. It also needs to stop. Look at all the teen suicides due to bullying. I know the Columbine kid felt bullied by his peers. Mental issues and lack of coping skills is why these things happen. That's what America needs to be dealing with, not gun bans. Everyone can do their part in prevention.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
This country is out of control and the Feds know they need to get as many of the legal guns off the streets and out of our homes. Then they can kill all the bad guys with guns,and no one will care.The bushmaster may have been not legal in CT. 20 year old could not own guns either.This war on the mentally ill has been hidden for years.It will require a lot of civil rights to go away.Disarm LEO's ,guild the military,no competive sports world run by Psychologist.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here is some news about the Clackamas Mall shooting you may not have gotten.
Seems that most of the news organizations aren't reporting this info.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD52IxplEoM[/ame]

KKing

Full Access Member
Here is some news about the Clackamas Mall shooting you may not have gotten.
Seems that most of the news organizations aren't reporting this info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD52IxplEoM

Saw that. In his situation, it took a huge amount of self control to not let adrenaline take over. The choice not to shoot would be so much harder than the one to pull the trigger for me. Shoot/don't shoot drills served him very well

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Saw that. In his situation, it took a huge amount of self control to not let adrenaline take over. The choice not to shoot would be so much harder than the one to pull the trigger for me. Shoot/don't shoot drills served him very well
As I understand the events, he said he didn't have a clear shot so he held off pulling the trigger. The gunman knew he was there and went to the stairwell and shot himself. But none of the mainstream media is telling this part of the story.

doublestack

I'm sorry for your losss, and I understand a lot more now... Thank You

I will keep your co-workers family in my prayers tonight

I'm really an open minded guy. I will listen to just about anything and I never toss anything to the curb because of political stance. I guess I'm still waiting for someone to do something that makes sense. Especially when it comes to laws. You probably need to know that I work for the government and I've seen council members do things that make no sense whats so ever. They act and legislate with no intelligence. I've seen lawyers for the government talk about programs in which I know from what they are saying that they have no idea, they just have an opinion.

There has to be intelligence behind any decision and right now and there is non, just emotion (me included):favorites13:

Vj

ThankYou! Appreciate the fact that we are able to communicate calmly in a forum w/o getting overly defensive. Terrible things happen that are out of our control and we have to speak up to defend our rights and freedoms.
Cheers!

kwo51

Full Access Member
New laws will make no difference. This government allows 3000 children to be killed in in their mothers bellies every day. Don't have such an open mind your brain falls out. Laws are not for the lawless.Where was their resource officer???? The gov. can not protect us from our selves. You will be waiting forever.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Very well put Viper.....Its a shame when you think of all the innocent lives lost. I can only imagine the pain, No parents should have to bury their child/children.......God Bless those who lost their lives...

Members online

No members online now.