14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing jail

ViperJeff

Administrator
14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 year in jail

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facin - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

Suspended and arrested after refusing to change his NRA shirt. Today, 14-year-old Jared Marcum appeared before a judge and was officially charged with obstructing an officer.

A $500 fine and up to a year in jail, that's the penalty that Jared could face, now that a judge has allowed the prosecution to move forward with it's obstructing an officer charge against him.

oppo

Full Access Member
What a load of bullshit! I am rapidly losing what little faith I have left in society.

Arckadian

He is a kid an was just wearing a shirt...... I am not losing my faith in society... I am loosing my faith in people of an "Official Capacity" since they also seemed to have banned common sense and human decency. Notice that the "Arresting Officer" cough moron cough was a policeman not a Sheriff. Funny how that works huh

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I guess if you want to disarm the public and no bills can be passed you start teaching (brain washing) the younger generation that guns are bad. It's a slow but effective process. We need to start teaching our kids firearm safety and the tradition of firearms that this country has if we want them to have firearms in the future!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
This whole thing is just nuts....

When I was in High School, I wore a shirt that said and I quote:

Thanks for nothing.

Wonder how that would go over today

With 14 year olds now able to get "The morning after pill", are there any virgins out there anymore? Don't they have condom dispensers in elementary school now? Your shirt probably wouldn't get a second look with the way schools almost condone promiscuity.

Cerisecons

With 14 year olds now able to get "The morning after pill", are there any virgins out there anymore? Don't they have condom dispensers in elementary school now? Your shirt probably wouldn't get a second look with the way schools almost condone promiscuity.

Kind of sick that they can get the "kill your kid" pill without parents knowledge, but getting an aspirin is verboten, god forbid you give them to your kids to take with them...
And if they talk about you teaching them about safe gun handling, the social workers are at your door...

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
A police officer unable to do his job because a 14 year old did stop talking WTH?

If that is the kind of police officer we are graduating then we are definitely in trouble. :gayfight:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
A police officer unable to do his job because a 14 year old did stop talking WTH?

If that is the kind of police officer we are graduating then we are definitely in trouble. :gayfight:

Yeah our graduating Leos are a joke, I'm on there side for sure but its a huge joke.. a shirt obstructing his duty cause the kid wouldn't take it off...:shrug:

TheOl55

Full Access Member
I am dumbfounded. Glad to see that the educators in his school raised such a ruckus that he was "disturbing the education process" when all they had to do was let him enjoy HIS 1st amendment rights. Where the F*** is the chicken $hit ACLU when this crap is going on??? Oh ya, Only when it suits them. Never mind.

Members online

No members online now.