18 Year Old Shoots Self In Head

KGBIGCOUNTRY

He was never instructed propper handeling from what I read and had no sense. Im with you if someone is looking at anything of mine I personally unload it and have it to them with an open breach and also have them inspect it. TREAT EVERY GUN AS IT IS LOADED!!! Rule #1

oppo

Full Access Member
The same safety rules apply regardless of where you are. I hate to sound cold but this was a fatal case of stupid. I feel sorry for his friends and family as well as him for what he went through losing his parents but I can only muster so much sympathy for someone who chose to put a loaded firearm to their head and pull the trigger.

Last edited:

DrkSide

Full Access Member
He was stupid enough to put a gun to his head and pull the trigger which is the most ridiculous thing that he could have done. I am sorry for his family but anyone that stupid does not get my sympathy.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I agree with everyone who posted...What an idiot, I know the area very well where it happened anf its not that bad (THUGS) but he was just branishing and showing off to his thug friends. Whenever you go to a gun shop they lock the breach open for you to see. I do the same to my BF when he wants to see any new toys I have gotten.:suicide::suicide:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
They say you can't fix stupid. Apparently he figured out how.

He proved a point for sure... one thing that no one mentioned which surprised me was his age. I know you saying to yourself " no matter what the laws are if u want a gun you will do whatever u want to get one" IMO private sales should be required to do a bill of sale and when the buyer sells it, take a copy to the local sherrifs office so they may enter it into their database....JMHO, Concealed 27:Get him!:

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
He proved a point for sure... one thing that no one mentioned which surprised me was his age. I know you saying to yourself " no matter what the laws are if u want a gun you will do whatever u want to get one" IMO private sales should be required to do a bill of sale and when the buyer sells it, take a copy to the local sherrifs office so they may enter it into their database....JMHO, Concealed 27:Get him!:
I'll go ahead and say . No. If we go there, you'll then soon be doing background checks on people. Im all for knowing that name of who you sold it to. But good faith is as far as this should go. If we start to head that direction we could potentially keep guns out of felons hands, but they'll just get them forcefully instead. Numerous reasons I disagree with this idea. Not to mention it's big brother shit. I know that im in the database when I buy from a store, and that is unfortunate as well. Records could even make the private seller liable for a crime in some people's eyes. Just a mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'll go ahead and say . No. If we go there, you'll then soon be doing background checks on people. Im all for knowing that name of who you sold it to. But good faith is as far as this should go. If we start to head that direction we could potentially keep guns out of felons hands, but they'll just get them forcefully instead. Numerous reasons I disagree with this idea. Not to mention it's big brother shit. I know that im in the database when I buy from a store, and that is unfortunate as well. Records could even make the private seller liable for a crime in some people's eyes. Just a mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I have to say I aggre with ya, after all the points you made....sounds like that's that's not the answer. But something has to be done, that we know for sure..:shakehead:

oppo

Full Access Member
I have to say I aggre with ya, after all the points you made....sounds like that's that's not the answer. But something has to be done, that we know for sure..:shakehead:

If so, there is a long list of things that something must be done about. There are all sorts of ways people hurt themselves or others. Look at the problem with obesity and the resulting health problems. We need to follow Bloomberg and ban large drinks. Why stop there? Let's ban all junk foods and all sodas and anything fried and buffets. While we are at it, tons of kids drown in swimming pools. Something must be done. It is for the children. If we can save even 1 life...

Freedom isn't free but it is worth what it costs.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Perhaps like with driver training, there should be firearms training. Maybe a week out of gym class where students are schooled in the operation (basics) of firearms. Taught that when you pull the trigger of a DA revolver, the cylinder rotates. Same when you pull back the hammer on a SA. Not all semi autos have mag safeties. The gun can still fire the round in the chamber. Real guns don't even have to be used in class. Just a book or a slide projector.

Just give them the basic rules. Like never point a gun, loaded or not at anything you do not intend to shoot. Finger off the trigger. How to clear a weapon. Along with a pistol permit to purchase a gun, you have to show a certificate of completion of a basic understanding training class.

But as anti gun as our government school systems are, this will never happen. Our schools aren't there to teach. They're there to condition, to indoctrinate, teach them to be a good little citizen.

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

Full Access Member
I know stuff like this is no joke, but this thread reminded me of a pic I saw the other day...

Look at this display of sheer brilliance:

bob13a710e_o.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358027792.830586.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358027792.830586.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13

Members online

No members online now.