7 Unusual Military Units in history

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
This is the type of stuff that should be on History TV instead of Pawn Stars and Counting Cars.

Cool stuff, I've heard of them all except the Potsdam Giants. Of course I am a bit of a military history nerd:)

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The Potsdam Giants seemed like a pretty cushy job for those times. According to the article, they never saw battle. I'm doubting the 8'6" tall fella though. Anyone that tall wouldn't be worth a darn in a fight. He'd probably have a difficult time just being able to stand on his own. Just look at people that size today. They have to use crutches or walkers. When they do stand it looks like their thin little legs are about to collapse right out from under them.

The seven footers wouldn't fare much better. Too big and slow. A smaller quicker opponent could do quite a bit of damage and be gone before the giant had a chance to react. But an army that size could/would put the fear of God into a force of smaller proportions. It was probably just to psych out the other guy. And since they never had to fight, I looks like it worked.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
361164.jpg

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
This guy said David's rock has the same stopping power of a 45mm handgun. Yes he said 45mm...not caliber.

Yeah, I noticed that also. I think he just misspoke.

As for "God being on your side" is just depends on which god. Seems everyone fighting is praying to the same one

kwo51

Full Access Member
Some people feel that way.From what I have seen their is only ONE that is and always was and will always be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts