80% Lower Receivers

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Just sort of got into checking these out the other evening.
The pricing is not so outstanding for having to do the final fit and finish, but, the thing I like is there is NO FFL required as it is an unfinished home made unit.
Even make up Your own serial nummers and such. even put Your own brand on um.
The jigs to get the drilling right is extra.

There is even some made of Polymars that says to just remove the white and it is done, these do not require any special machining tools, well, except for a dremmel tool. Might not be in this particular site but I did see some the other evening.

80% Lower Receiver Information | Tactical Machining

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That's really cool but I'm afraid that the goverment will have them shut down..... all my guns are in my name so no need in my eyes..but if your down to do it I think its awesome, I'm not knocking it just not for me that's all.. good luck with it and give us some pics when its 100%....
Concealed 27

STF

Full Access Member
If I lived in fear of what the government was going to ban next that wouldn't be living at all.

I hope they don't make me make that decision but if they do I'll figure it out then. No reason to speculate because everything changes.

kwo51

Full Access Member
It is not illegal to make your own gun. I know plenty of people that have made their own 1911's they just can not sell them.

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
They've been around for at least 10 years that I remember seeing them. Not really worth it to me, since there's no denying that I already own firearms.

It's not illegal to sell a gun that you have made. It's illegal to manufacture a gun for sale without having a manufacturer's FFL.

STF

Full Access Member
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell a firearm that you made for personal use.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Not if you have registered it and have a FFL. Then again. it is not for personal use.Then again most smiths I know build what they like and then sell them.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Let me be clear.....

I never said it was illegal. I have a couple myself.

No, you said you were pretty sure it's illegal, which is just about the same thing. All I'm saying is that without a law prohibiting selling a firearm you've made for personal use, it's legal.

STF

Full Access Member
You can't manufacture a firearm with the intention of selling it (unless you are licensed to do so). That's not to say that down the road you can't sell/transfer it but you have to serialize it AND use an FFL for the transfer.

cce1302

Full Access Member
You can't manufacture a firearm with the intention of selling it (unless you are licensed to do so). That's not to say that down the road you can't sell/transfer it but you have to serialize it AND use an FFL for the transfer.

:yawn:

STF

Full Access Member
Do you understand the difference between manufacturing a firearm and assembling one?

cce1302

Full Access Member
Do you understand the difference between introducing new, valid information, and simply repeating what was posted already on the first page?

Also, I'd like to see a citation of the law or ATF reg that requires a privately manufactured firearm to be serialized and go through an FFL if you end up selling it.

STF

Full Access Member
I'm sure you can figure out how to search for that information on the ATF website.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts