9mm at 1000 yards

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't think that was his first attempt at that. He pretty much knew at what elevation he needed to hold the gun etc. Still an impressive feat. The sight he had on the gun wasn't even a magnifying type sight. If he even was able to use the sight.

oppo

Full Access Member
You can run the ballistics to get a pretty good idea of the drop but he probably had tried it before.

Given the extreme amount of drop, any variation in velocity would result in a pretty extreme vertical spread. I would be curious to see what an actual grouping at that distance would look like.

Regardless of the details, that is pretty darned impressive and Jerry is heck of a shot. The things he can do with any handgun but especially a revolver is pretty amazing.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I saw him do it on a tv show and it was his third try then. I would not want to risk my life on it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Wow I couldn't hit a balloon at 100 yds ..lol fantastic takes like 3 seconds to pop luv it

Last edited:

Arckadian

There are those people that spend a lot of time at the range practicing, but most of your average people could not do that on even the best of days. That being said, it was an impressive shot and even if it was his third shot, from that distance, unless his target had a rifle I think he would have a much better chance of hitting his target than I would.

Members online

No members online now.