Accidental Discharge of 12gu at Gun Show

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Accidental (Negligent) Discharge of 12gu at Gun Show

Three hurt in firearm accident at North Carolina gun show - Yahoo! News

Just Fabulous !!! A great time to have an accidental discharge at a gun show, on the very day we're protesting the 2nd Ammendment at the State Capitals.

You know the media WILL BE damn sure to spread this and turn it into national news, but they're NOT going to print or report on the lady that saved herself from a rape with a firearm, or the LEO that got back up from a CCW and kept him from getting injured.

That's the other things really pissed me off about the government getting involved and threats of taking away guns and gun control. Take a look at all the efforts and conversation put into trashing guns and the "NO Need" for them on one side, and then all of us putting efforts and conversation into defending our rights and having to explain WHY we need or want our firearms, which we should NOT have to explain since it's a right we were granted as an American citizen. All of these efforts from both sides and 500 Million Tax Dollars to take our guns away. (Some for good purpose, mental health I agree with.)

When what should be happening, is both sides coming together as a team and discussing gun safety, accident prevention, keeping them from kids, criminals and the mentally ill. Imagine the progress that could be made if everyone was directing their efforts into Firearm Safety Cause and 500 Million Tax Dollars put into Gun Safety and Awaremess programs. I think we all agree we want prevent accidents and keep kids safe. There's not much to debate about that, and let's face it, there are some pretty damn irresponsible gun owners out there. People become complacemnt with their weapons and it's not a good thing. I know of 2 cops here locally in recent years, where they've left their service weappn on a coffee table or dinner table when they came in from work and a kid was able to get access to it, and an accident happened. And the LEO's don't know any better??? Of course we don't see a media spectacle out of it, just like we didn't see one when Cheney shot his buddy. They reported it and shut up about it.

Anyway guys and girls, just remember the safety measures. Keep them out of childrens reach, I'd say locked up if you have curious teens, and make sure they're unloaded when put away for storage, unless it's your home defense weapon and it's in a hidden secure place out of reach of children. :waytogo:

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
An ad has occured at many of gun shows. How, I have know idea? All the shows I attend they have a RA or off duty Leo ckecking weapons at the door. I am just guessing that someone brought a loaded shotgun and was emptying rounds in parking lot. Any guns that I take to a gun show I don't even bring a mag for it. I keep my carry gun 4 that day on my person and leave it in my car so I am not unarmed while driving there and back.:Whoa:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It was the Raleigh Dixie Gun & Knife show. I know some people who were attending. Yeah, some yahoo shows up with a loaded weapon and it discharged when he removed it from it's case. I believe it struck one person in the hand and another in their side. I don't know this for sure so don't take it for gospel. They shut the show down for the rest of this afternoon but it will reopen tomorrow. Its just that there will be no individual weapons allowed for sale in the building. This article says three were injured.

http://www.wral.com/private-gun-sal...r-three-hurt-in-accidental-shooting/12000843/

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'm just certainly glad noone was seriously hurt. If they got shot in the side and hand with birdshot I'd say they are at home resting tonight chilling on a little Lortab, Ibuprofen and an Antibiotic to prevent infection. Of course it doesn't say at what range that got hit with it. At close range, birdshot can do some damage. But at least noone shot in the face and possibly blind from it. An honest stupid accident that could have been prevented. The only gun I DON'T check when putting them in the truck, is my carry weapon. As I pull them out of the safe to put them in their zippered case, I check them.

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Unless for self defense, what idiot transports a loaded gun anyway? There is always someone in the bunch that makes everyone else look stupid.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
ND not AD

Agreed, there is never an accidentally discharge, neglagent discharge is the correct term. Due to non responsable gun owner, if he/she had a clue the gun should have been cleared at home so if they fuck up anyone...its there dumb ass that gets hurt. If it were a slug things would have been much different:sunot: Concealed 27
J

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
ND not AD

Agreed, there is never an accidentally discharge, neglagent discharge is the correct term. Due to non responsable gun owner, if he/she had a clue the gun should have been cleared at home so if they fuck up anyone...its there dumb ass that gets hurt. If it were a slug things would have been much different:sunot: Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.