Amsoil mphd heavy duty metal protector (amh)

clkelley

Supporting Vendor
AMSOIL MPHD HEAVY DUTY METAL PROTECTOR (AMH)

AMSOIL_MPHD_METAL_PROTECTOR.jpg

AMSOIL MPHD Heavy Duty Metal Protector Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

AMSOIL Heavy Duty Metal Protector (MPHD) are easy-to-use spray-on synthetic products that protect metal surfaces, displace water and silence squeaks. MP cuts through rust and corrosion to restore free movement of ?frozen? hardware parts. MPHD lubricates metal surfaces, leaving a dry waxlike film. Neither forms gum or sludge.

AMSOIL MP is the product of choice for drying electrical and ignition systems and protecting electrical equipment from freshwater and saltwater damage. AMSOIL MP is also the product of choice for protecting firearms and other fine componentry. It contains no silicone. AMSOIL MP is compatible with plastic, leather, fabric, fishing line and paint.

AMSOIL MPHD is the product of choice for metal surfaces that require a heavy duty lubricant or are exposed to the damaging effects of salt, moisture or chemical corrosion. It is ideal for hinges, wire ropes and springs, nuts and bolts, motorcycle or bicycle chains, and for undercoating wheelwells and other metal surfaces exposed to water, dirt or road salt.

Performance Features

• Protects against rust & corrosion, even in salt water
  • Displaces water
  • Stops squeaks
  • Lubricates metal surfaces
  • Leaves a dry, long-lasting, waxlike film
  • Lubricant does not attract dust
  • Does not sling off
  • Sprays into hard-to-reach places
  • Ideal for chains & other heavy-use items
  • RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Spray product on area to be treated. For best results, do not wipe off. Film carrier will evaporate, leaving MPHD on treated surface

Last edited:

clkelley

Supporting Vendor
I am going to link to some other comparison testing that doesn't include Amsoil. But I want to take the winner of that testing and compare it to Amsoil. The link to that other testing is below and I will continue to update each stage of my testing between the two.

That being said, the second link below, the winner was not tested against Amsoil so I just ordered one can each of the Amsoil MPHD and ACF-50 for my own testing (will post more later when the products get here.)

The first thing I noticed was the pricing. Without shipping the Amsoil is $8.20 per can retail while the ACF-50 is $12.19 per can. If purchasing a case of 12 the cost retail is $146.28 shipped and he Retail cost of the Amsoil is $115.45 shipped and I can save you more than that with wholesale pricing. For that kind of price difference, I would expect the ACF-50 to last a LOT longer than the Amsoil, but we will see.

Corrosion Protection Comparison Testing (Does not include Amsoil)

Stay tuned...

clkelley

Supporting Vendor
Ok, There has been more about this testing. I am going to post as much as possible here about the developments although some of the information will be quoted from member questions about the same subject on other forums.

The following is from the member at Andy's link that performed the first testing of Amsoil against others. He and I will be performing similar tests with three products, not just two. He already had LPS3 (another metal protector) to test as well so I ordered a can of that for my testing here. It will be interesting to see what the difference in the results will be if any since I live at 3Kft elevation on a small mountain and Mike lives in Florida.

Update on the new test.

I bought the LPS3 for the next test as suggested up top.

Another member suggested a product called S100 which bikers seem to like.
That thread is here http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f7/maintenance-factory-foxs-17553/

I was going to buy the S100 it to test untill I found this testing here thru a Google search Corrosion protection comparison test which then leads us to the winner of that test which is ACF-50.

Now CLkelly our Amsoil forum sponsor is on that 1st thread and has offered to buy and ship to me the ACF 50 to test.

I have to call it like it is, he is a good guy and did not have to put his Amsoil in harms way. Thanks CL you saved me $25.00

Below you will find the Material Safety Data Sheets for each of the three being used in the NEW double testing.

AMSOIL MPHD Heavy Duty Metal Protector

LPS3 Metal Protector

ACF-50 Metal Protector

clkelley

Supporting Vendor
As I spoke of pricing of the ACF-50 being so much more than Amsoil. The LPS3 is priced right there with the ACF-50. To order it for my testing was $25

clkelley

Supporting Vendor
The testing products are on their way. But I have found out something, I didn't have any Amsoil MPHD onhand and had to order some, but was notified by a friend about a statement on the can about not being recommended for guns. The product comparison testing is still on and I will still share the info, but don't order it for your guns...

Sorry for the confusion.

Members online

No members online now.