An Oldie but a goodie

Bluez

Full Access Member
Actors where training by ex-SAS to be as realistic as possible in their employment of firearms.

Features:
-Once they are in the street and Val Kilmer notices the uniforms notice NO hesitation + immediate violence of Action.
-Use of “move!” “Moving!” equivalents.
-No movement w/o fire.
-Struggle for fire superiority
-Application of the buddy team w/ suppressive fire to allow partenrs movement.

Way too much use of automatic fire for my taste .... but I understand this was IAW the doctrine of their time for small teams struggling for fire superiority.
Other than that quite good and can even serve as an instructional video in some ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

Last edited:

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
From IMDB's trivia section on the movie;

In June of 2002, the scene involving the shootout after the bank robbery was shown to United States Marine recruits at MCRD San Diego as an example of the proper way to retreat while under fire.

I've also seen interviews, where Kilmer talks about a Marine D.I., who challenged his grunts at Basic, to reload and get back into a firefight, "faster than some &(*&^%*^%$#^#@ Hollywood actor!" :cool:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
One of my favorite movies. And quite possibly the best action sequence ever filmed...and all before the age of CGI.

that shortened FNC that Dinero carries is friggin cool

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
One of my favorite movies. And quite possibly the best action sequence ever filmed...and all before the age of CGI.

that shortened FNC that [strikethrough]Dinero[/strikethrough] PACINO carries is friggin cool

FIFY! :favorites37:

Heat_Al_Pacino_Michael_Mann_Robert_De_Niro.jpg

Arckadian

I have only seen pieces of this show I think, even though I actually have owned it for many years now. Perhaps its time I got it out and dusted it off again.

kwo51

Full Access Member
He does not need guns when he has armed guards around him, or he is one of the few in commieforina with a ccw.

Max

Full Access Member
The best thing about the Ronin Carchase is how they pulled it off.
200 stuntdrivers, one in every single car involved in the chase, and all the "Hero Cars" were right-hand driven, with mock steering wheels installed on the left, where the actors were positioned.

Max

Last edited:

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Close, it's a 551

Yep. I'd JUST been watching a video of the 552 in action, and had 552 on the brain... :insane:

And SilvrSRT10 is right - De Niro, Stallone, Schwarzeneggar, and plenty of other loony lefties in Hollyweird make their millions on gun violence, and then deny the 2A to the law-abiding.

If they all suddenly fell off the planet overnight, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it the next. :chewie:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
De Niro, Stallone, Schwarzeneggar, and plenty of other loony lefties in Hollyweird make their millions on gun violence, and then deny the 2A to the law-abiding.

If they all suddenly fell off the planet overnight, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it the next. :chewie:

The list keeps growing. Matt Damon, Jim Carrey etc. And many of them aren't even US citizens but want to tell us how to act. I have a simple response for them. "If you don't like it here then go someplace else". I refuse to watch the hypocrites anymore. At least they aren't making any money off of me.

My sentiments are the same for actors voicing their political preferences too. Clooney throwing fund raisers for BHO has me turning the channel whenever he comes on. I wanted to see the latest Disney movie "Tomorrowland" but since he's in it I'll pass. I think it flopped anyhow. It seems I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited:

Max

Full Access Member
Jim Carrey had a guest roll in the "Kick Ass 2"-Movie, only to refuse to take part in any publicity-work because he said he didn't expect the movie to turn out that violent.
Am I the only one who expects some violence in a movie called "Kick Ass"?

Max

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Thanks for sharing the video..that period was probably the career highlight of two of them..Val Kilmer and Tom Sizemore. Both now are forgotten from today's scene. But I agree Hollywood types are too leftist..Sean Penn is another prime example of the crap they promote. Wife and I rarely go to movies anymore.

Bluez

Full Access Member
The best thing about the Ronin Carchase is how they pulled it off.
200 stuntdrivers, one in every single car involved in the chase, and all the "Hero Cars" were right-hand driven, with mock steering wheels installed on the left, where the actors were positioned.

Max

Interesting! :)

Members online

No members online now.