Anybody Do Any Reloading?

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Spent another benjamin this week. Still getting the small stuff before I decide on a press.

RCBS bullet puller
RCBS Stuck case removal kit
Hornady Primer Pocket Reamer
Dillon .223 Case Guage
Dillon Case Lube

And of course. A real damn stool.

DSCN3788.jpg

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I decided to try out the bullet puller on some OLD corroded 30-30 laying around.... I have to admit, I was a little flinchy beating that hammer against the garage floor the first time.

Also............. is it normal for once fired brass to still be in spec according to the case gauge?

Mockstar

Full Access Member
lol nevermind. obviously it's fire formed to my chamber now. I guess I was just under the assumption that an already fired case would be considerably more deformed.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Got an RCBS Partner press for decapping/re-priming only. I'm not going to mount it yet because I haven't bought the Rock Chucker yet. I'm not exactly sure where I want them on the bench yet.

DSCN3801.jpg

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Nice! I own a Rock Chucker and have really enjoyed it. It has served me well over 6 years now. Though I am thinking about getting a Dillion for .45acp.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I was looking at the Dillon BL550 to start with. but I'm almost positive I'd be happy with just a single stage press. The RCBS Summit looks nice, but the Rock Chucker is a proven performer. I don't know........it's still a toss up between those two.

I found the Partner for a hellava deal so I couldnt pass it up. BNIB for $35. I could just start reloading now with it, but I'm just going to use that for depriming dirty brass, then use it to reprime clean and tumbled brass.

Last edited:

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I don't mind single stage at all for my centerfire rifle, hunting pistol and revolvers. However .45acps keep showing up at my house needing a home :whymewhyme: and they tend to be a bit hungry for the single stage :D

My Rock Chucker has made some great .308win, .280rem, .223rem, .480ruger and .357mag ammo. It will serve you well.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
More shopping today. Picked up 100rds of Winchester .223 brass. RCBS primer pocket brush. Wheeler gun mat. LEE Universal Decapping Die, and 2 more RCBS shell holders. #27, and #18 for .44mag, and .40S&W

Also put the die to use, and decapped 355rds of .44mag, 116rds of 9mm, 14rds of 30-06, 20rds of .223, and 10rds of 30-30.

DSCN3811.jpg
DSCN3810.jpg

Mockstar

Full Access Member
You guys resize you're "NEW" brass before reloading? Alot of the case necks on this new Winchester brass is pretty beat up. No way I'm gonna be able to seat a non boat tail bullet in there without damaging the case.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You guys resize you're "NEW" brass before reloading? Alot of the case necks on this new Winchester brass is pretty beat up. No way I'm gonna be able to seat a non boat tail bullet in there without damaging the case.

Most die sets come with a resizer. It will reshape the brass and hopefully fix any imperfections in it. Then another die will flare it to accept the projectile. And yet another die should put a crimp on it.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I've got the dies already. I bought new brass thinking I wouldn't need to resize it. I figured i'd Just put the bullet seating die in the press, and pound out a hundred rounds. That's not the case..... turns out the case necks aren't all uniform (dents and dings), and would require me to run them thru the resizing die first to make the neck round again.

TScottW99

Full Access Member

Yes, I always run my through the cleaner, size and prep my cases when new. I want to start out with my brass uniform. At least when loading my centerfire rifles.

Members online

No members online now.