Anybody who could tell me more about this rifle?

Sephiroth

Hello, I don't have a lot of knowledge when it goes about weapons. But I have this rifle and I would like to know some more about it.
The only things I know are, it was found in France and it's with shells so not bullets.

Like the brand if someone knows it, from what country, from what year, what kind of rifle.... anything you could tell me that you know is true would help me a lot!

There's no brand on the rifle or anyting, only a number and somekind of a logo with 2 letters:
What i see on the logo are the letters "PT", above the letters i see a crown and under the letters a big X with small z-like signs on the end of the x-sign
Photos:
Logo_zps0c659217.png

IMG_0007_zpsa60bd45c.jpg

IMG_0014_zps6423a870.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsd810a40a.jpg

IMG_0018_zpsc8682d79.jpg

IMG_0019_zps6dfa7c6c.jpg

IMG_0021_zpsca21adfc.jpg

IMG_0022_zpse250b42d.jpg

IMG_0023_zps2ed72bbb.jpg

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
The crown and "PT" is the standard St. Etienne smokeless powder proof mark (my understanding). Beyond that I would just be humping your leg...

Sephiroth

Thanks a lot! Didn't knew a thing about those proof marks! I found a whole list of them so it's a French rifle, do you know what kind? What mechanism it is? There is no magazine or something, so you have to put a bullet in to the barrel then shoot and get the leftover from the bullet out of the barrel i supose? Again thank you, now I know something.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
An interesting piece for sure. I don't think I'd much to that one except a good cleaning and oiling and leave it as is. Certainly a C&R.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Sorry but what is a C&R? yeah i know i have to clean it :emotions34:

Yeah it's needs cleaned. C&R is Crusty & Rusty !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Ok Ok OK, just pulling your leg on that one. Yeah it needs some attention.

But for real, C&R is Curio & Relics. More or less, Historical or Collector Firearms. I think to be an actual C&R class if must be of at least 50 years old too.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Yeah it's needs cleaned. C&R is Crusty & Rusty !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Ok Ok OK, just pulling your leg on that one. Yeah it needs some attention.

But for real, C&R is Curio & Relics. More or less, Historical or Collector Firearms. I think to be an actual C&R class if must be of at least 50 years old too.
uh, like you? :D

meridium

bolt

does anybody know from which rifle this bolt could be? all known about this bolt is found in a german trench of 1945

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
does anybody know from which rifle this bolt could be? all known about this bolt is found in a german trench of 1945

Have to bust your balls it looks like a piece of wood..LOL, just messing with ya....good luck, looks like you are gonna have a hard time. If you really wanna know my suggestion take it to a good gunsmith if u don't have one.
Concealed 27
:laughing1:

meridium

bolt

I'd say it had to be from the German side, cuz it's sure not an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine bolt.
yes,as I have mentioned it was a german defence line and it's in the soviet occupation zone,so it's very unlikely any of Garand or M1 would appear there.At that place exactly there was no active combats,it was a few kilometers away,so most probably it was a german weapon,but as many german weapons I checked on the net,only Gewehr 43 remotely resembles this specimen.the grooves along the bolt tell me it was an automatic or a semi-automatic weapon

Members online

No members online now.