Assault Weapon not used in CT.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Saw this posed earlier. Evidently some federal investigators have stated that the only firearms that were used were 4 handguns and the AR-15 was left in the vehicle.

Also confirms the story that he was denied purchase of a rifle, although, I am not sure if he was denied or he just didn't want to wait the 10 day period.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Sounds like the Medical Examiner has some splainin to do after it was reported that the ME said all the woulds were inflicted by a rifle

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
There's so many contradicting stories about this right now. Of course the media and libs took the one with "assault rifle" and ran with it.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That was the original report. That the "Assault Weapon" was left on the back seat of the car.

If this report is true then it just goes to show you can't believe a word from the mainstream media. They are going to twist a story to fit their agenda. There is no truth in reporting anymore. It's all about sensationalizing and make the story even more horrific than it already really is. It's all based on hearsay instead of facts.

kwo51

Full Access Member
That is like present day law based on past cases not the Constitution. That evil gun would have hurt somebody just by being there.

oppo

Full Access Member
There was recent story here locally that also highlighted just how shady the media is. There were two hunting rifles in a truck behind a shop and the owner was inside asleep. It was reported as an abandoned truck full of military style weapons. How about the outright lies reported about the Martin Zimmerman incident? Or one of the networks claiming that you could shoot someone's head off at 1000 yds with a shotgun?

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Has anyone seen this report anywhere else? I can't get through the scary gun stories to find this reported anywhere else.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Has anyone seen this report anywhere else? I can't get through the scary gun stories to find this reported anywhere else.

I would be very surprised if mainstream media came out with a correction. They've got the gun control flow going in their direction. Why should they walk against the current now? If the Bushmaster was left in the back seat of the car then issuing a correction would be the right thing to do. Do you think they'll do it. I'm not holding my breath.

Incredibly, NBC came out with the initial report and I've not heard anything else about it.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
In the hours after the first reports they said the rifle was in the back seat of the car.

I too heard this. But it doesn't fit "their" agenda so they had to throw it in the mix somehow. Notice how this new information hasn't slowed down their gun control movement one bit. The "Assault weapon not used" story sure has died though.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc[/ame]
Here is live video of the police recovering the "long gun" from the trunk. It sure looks to me like a shotgun. Look at the position of the officers hand when clearing the weapon. It's definately not an AR.

I guess it is possible that oneof the "handguns" found inside was a pistol version of an AR. Which could explain the medical examiners finding?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Because of all the contradicting stories..... I have a feeling Fox News would say it was handguns, the rest would say Assault Rifle.

Had I realized this thread existed, I'd have linked the story, but the last story I read, just a day or 2 ago, it was said the AR-15 was found in the trunk of his mother's car that he drove to Sandy Hook. That would mean, he only took in the Glock and the Sig. If you really take the time to read some of the past massacres details, very very few done with Assault Weapons or what the media refers to as Assault Rifles. NONE of them were done with true Assault Rifles.
Even the Ronald Reagan Assination attempt that left James Brady paralyzed was done with a .22LR Revolver. Total of only 6 rounds were fired. The one that got Reagen under the arm pit, wasn't even a direct hit. It was a ricochet off the car that got him.

Last edited:

KKing

Full Access Member

Watching that video, the gun in the trunk almost looks like an old monkey gun hipoint carbine.
re9uhuhe.jpg

Whatever it is, it's certainly not an AR in my opinion

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
It sure doesn't look like a Bushmaster AR-15 that I'm used to seeing. Probably more media hype to ban "Assault Weapons". I do find it hard to believe an old lady would buy an $800-$1000 Bushmaster AR-15. The media is great at blowing shit out of proportion, especially when it comes to guns.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Watching that video, the gun in the trunk almost looks like an old monkey gun hipoint carbine.
re9uhuhe.jpg

Whatever it is, it's certainly not an AR in my opinion

The charging handle was on the right side of the gun.

Semi auto shotgun of some sort. Maybe a Saiga 12?:hmm:

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It was black, therefore it was bad and evil. It looked dangerous, therefore it must have been an assault weapon. Because it was found at the scene, you must turn yours in.

Members online

No members online now.