Baby Copperhead

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
In the driveway this morning. Took his picture and told him to move along. Hopefully just passing through.
I've read that a bite from a baby is just a bad as a full grown adult.
Not going to test that theory.

1FXXm1HNkfB_2UQ4E2RIe2uRAJf-XwljQrgyCCSvMKw=w368-h652-no

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Pretty snake. Looks like it is eating lots of mice. Good snake.

I'm not sure this little thing was big enough to get a mouse. Not an adult mouse anyhow. The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. At first I thought it was just a twig in the driveway but I decided to take a closer look. That's when I noticed it was a snake.

oppo

Full Access Member
A bite from a baby can actually be worse. An adult will typically conserve venom. A baby is liable to dump it's load.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
A bite from a baby can actually be worse. An adult will typically conserve venom. A baby is liable to dump it's load.

Makes sense. As you can see from it's posture, it really didn't feel threatened or it would have coiled up to strike. Confident little cuss.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Step on his pretty little head.

Naa, it didn't get aggressive with me so I didn't get aggressive with it. Like I said, hopefully it was just passing through. But I may regret my decision when it comes back and is 3 feet long with an attitude. Somehow I doubt it will remember my being merciful a long time ago.

oppo

Full Access Member
Years back, while at work in town, I ran across a nest of these things. I promptly executed them all with a shovel. The boss, who is terrified of snakes, asked why I did it. "They weren't hurting you", he said. I said "how many kids live in this neighborhood and how would you feel if we let these go and someone's kid got bit by one?"

Out in the woods is different but for a poisonous snake, venturing around homes is a capital offense.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Aggressive snakes die. Seen many snakes in the woods ,the ones that seem pissed for no reason die. Cotton mouth moccasins fit this bill well. Coach whips will play bad ass but are not dangerous.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Even pythons????..have you seen the one that consumed a whole alligator??..pretty amazing stuff...ahh snakes not really afraid of them but wouldn't want to fall into a pit full of them.:whymewhyme:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm not worried by most snakes. But the one's that are big enough to eat me whole. I'm staying far, far away from. Anaconda's and other constrictors have my respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts