Biden: Obama May Use Executive Order to Deal with Guns

SBD

Only if congress allows it.He is about to shit in his mess kit.

What does congress allowing anything have to do with it? Biden already says This will not be a debate... EOs will be used. EOs allow the president to circumvent the congress and the senate and any opposition they may have. The congress will have NO SAY

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
What does congress allowing anything have to do with it? Biden already says This will not be a debate... EOs will be used. EOs allow the president to circumvent the congress and the senate and any opposition they may have. The congress will have NO SAY

Meh, judicial branch can repeal

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

kwo51

Full Access Member
Congress can over ride EO, also an Constitutional Congress can be convened. Not a lawyer but have played one in a bar one time.

SBD

Congress can over ride EO, also an Constitutional Congress can be convened. Not a lawyer but have played one in a bar one time.

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order... Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. Obama can then veto that bill, and then Congress can TRY to override the veto of that new congressional bill - FWIW This the same congress with longtime gun supporting republicans who are ready "to re-examine all gun control laws"

Either way killing an EO is VERY rare. And you sir, have much more faith than myself.

Last edited:

SBD

Well lets all hope the Supreme Court sees it our way. And take something for that cough! :D

armoredman

Full Access Member
lets all hope the conservatives on the Supreme Court don't develop coughs that force them to retire...THEN have all those EOs and such come up for review with another Sotomeyer in place...
Then it might be, as they say, "bad".

kwo51

Full Access Member
Do you wonder why the military does not vote for ostpid. Who would they support? I know of LEO's that would rather not take guns away from their friends.No its not faith ,it is warm blood running through my fingers.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
He's not doing himself or the gun community any good. If he's not already under a microscope, he will be shortly.

kwo51

Full Access Member
For anybody here that thinks he is nuts .Read Hitlers Mein Kamph. I will not post because you need to learn history or repeat it.

Members online

No members online now.