California hunting

puckhead

You just thinning the heard for coyotes? Or do you get the pelts and sell em? Saw a recipe the other day for yotes. Kinda different, but I would try it!

IronworksTactical

Just pred hunting for sport. Thinning the chihuahua eaters as they will overrun us before the zombies otherwise lol. Never really thought of selling the pelts to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckhead

Don't know what they are selling for around you, but I guess it can be okay money. Never done it myself before though.

babysilk

I used to hunt coyotes with my rem .222 and an electronic caller out by lake Elsinore. I believe in putting to use whatever you hunt so I'd take the pelts off coyotes. Should be a video on youtube, easiest way is a couple of choke chains and a tree to hang them from.....gravity is your friend. If you didn't already have a successful method for skinning them or if you haven't before and want to give it a try, youtube is a great place to learn. Have moved out to Colorado since then and have to wait til next season to establish residency>:O. Otherwise I'd have to pay the out of state fee's on the tags I want. I'm going crazy not being able to hunt, or should I say not being able to justify spending the money to hunt right now.

Last edited:

IronworksTactical

Oh that'd drive me crazy missing a season. I thought out of state tags in co weren't bad. I hunt white tail in Texas and those really aren't bad.

babysilk

Ironworkstactical- I was given a price of 250 or there abouts for a deer tag. After paying somewhere around 20 bucks in California......I'll pass

IronworksTactical

Ironworkstactical- I was given a price of 250 or there abouts for a deer tag. After paying somewhere around 20 bucks in California......I'll pass

Ugh. I agree. I looked at an out of state elk antlerless for Utah and was a blown away at the price hike they put into place for out of state.

ozzieboy

Yote hunting

Here in Michigan we have yote populations moving into the subs more and more each year. I use an electric call and a 223 Savage. Knocked down a dozen last winter and didnt have to try too hard. This year there are more than ever. Have not seen a pheasant in 8 yrs....I thinking the yotes have something to do with that.

Members online

No members online now.