Cheaper than Dirt stops selling guns

DrkSide

Full Access Member
I doubt it. I think this has to do with a business that does not care for the people it caters to. Seems like they are just trying to monopolize on the events and screw over people that have bought from them and supported their business.

There is even a facebook page about it - Here

SWSS

Full Access Member
as of right now there is 9 pages on the thread, wow! they suck!

castrated munkey ballz... :baby:

DrkSide

Full Access Member
as of right now there is 9 pages on the thread, wow! they suck!

castrated munkey ballz... :baby:

You can watch the "likes" on cheaper than dirts facebook page go down by the second. Every post on their wall has something about this in the comments.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
CTD is going down like the low down dogs that they are. $60 for an AR mag is RIDICULOUS!

DrkSide

Full Access Member
It is ridiculous. I am looking EVERYWHERE I can think of and cannot find someone that has 30rd Pmags for a decent price.

Humvee21

Full Access Member
They are being sued because someone committed a crime with a gun that was purchased through Armslist.

I was selling my Sig on armslist. Lady tried to steal it from me. Don't feel like typing up the whole story on my phone. But seems stupid if I were to sue armslist because this happened. What happened to America? What happened to the personal service? The purpose of being courteous just to be courteous. Nowadays, people are just trying to make a quick buck.

DrkSide

Full Access Member

Thanks, Max. I already found some at intensetactical.com and even the FDE color that I had been looking for. This was actually the only color that they had in stock.

I was selling my Sig on armslist. Lady tried to steal it from me. Don't feel like typing up the whole story on my phone. But seems stupid if I were to sue armslist because this happened. What happened to America? What happened to the personal service? The purpose of being courteous just to be courteous. Nowadays, people are just trying to make a quick buck.

People don't care about other people, period. All they care about are themselves and everyone else be damned.

KKing

Full Access Member
I was actually on the site when they took them down. Looking at a new pistol, then poof, gone. One of the comments on their fb page is from me and it wasn't pretty. Ill never do business with them again, I think it's cowardly myself

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
ryha3ady.jpg

Too little too late? For me it is, i hope this event is published in outdoors magazines so everyone will know what they did.

Went from reviewing their policies to improving their process, lol
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I only buy ammo on there anyway. I'll get my firearms locally or off of gunbroker. CheaperThanDirt's prices on firearms wasn't that cheap

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Too little too late? For me it is, i hope this event is published in outdoors magazines so everyone will know what they did.

Went from reviewing their policies to improving their process, lol

They are getting alot of backlash over this and the pricing strategy. I checked earlier and they had PMags down to $30 but that is still ridiculous.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but don't all firearm shipments go to FFL holders. Are they saying that they will not sell to an individual transferring through a FFL or that they are only selling to FFL for resale?

I only buy ammo on there anyway. I'll get my firearms locally or off of gunbroker. CheaperThanDirt's prices on firearms wasn't that cheap

After this I personally would not buy anything from them. They have let emotion take over logic in what was supposed to be, for them, a good PR move but will end up costing them thousands of dollars and possibly the entire business. That is assuming that after the 30 second attention span of today that people will remember this next time they go shopping.

Last edited:

KKing

Full Access Member
As bad as I hate to say it for the innocent working guys that may work there, I hope the owners take a huge hit on this. All it shows is that it takes very little pressure for them to fold up shop

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Just got this in an email:

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
We will be stopping orders, in order to take more orders.

... They're full of it, they wimped out, and now they're trying to cover up. Price hikes at the same time as gun sales suspended? Please...

Members online

No members online now.