Conceal Carry

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
See, it doesn't matter how you use the letters, the results are the same

Quite frankly, I'd rather have a disability than a disorder

I've been diagnosed with ADD (Anal Disability Disorder) so I'm doubly screwed.

I'll shoot you with my gun and then my......never mind.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Glock 23 for me, with 13rd mag and 1 at bat on home plate. I have big hands, so I couldn't go to small, and whether or not you shoot it, just carrying in it self, your gun gets dirty and needs cleaned often. So I wanted something that could be taken apart quickly, cleaned and put back together in a matter of just a few minutes. And something that was tolerable of firing and being efficient even if it was dirty.

Last edited:

tenfo

Glock 23 for me, with 13rd mag and 1 at bat on home plate. I have big hands, so I couldn't go to small, and whether or not you shoot it, just carrying in it self, your gun gets dirty and needs cleaned often. So I wanted something that could be taken apart quickly, cleaned and put back together in a matter of just a few minutes. And something that was tolerable of firing and being efficient even if it was dirty.

I also carry a G23 with Speer Gold Dots in a Crossbreed clone IWB holster. I used to carry a micro Kahr, but I hated shooting it. Holster is incredibly comfy.

imueir.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I also carry a G23 with Speer Gold Dots in a Crossbreed clone IWB holster. I used to carry a micro Kahr, but I hated shooting it. Holster is incredibly comfy.

imueir.jpg

I got so used to a Plastic Paddle Holster covered by untucked Tshirt, I don't think I could carry any other way. Anything inside the waistband is uncomfy to me. I"ve thought about a Glock 27 in an ankle holster, but that's not a quick draw scenario for sure.

budd

ankle holster .....357 s&w air weight 2" snub nose titanium/ scandium..personal defense ammo...not the fastest drawn but gives me a second or two to think about what's happening..it's not the fastest gun wild west yet!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
ankle holster .....357 s&w air weight 2" snub nose titanium/ scandium..personal defense ammo...not the fastest drawn but gives me a second or two to think about what's happening..it's not the fastest gun wild west yet!!

Yeah at least you have it with you. And it is pretty handy to get to if you're in a sitting position. Like in your car. If you have to grab it and jump out, I'd say you can have it ready to go just as fast as if it were on your hip, and for sure faster if you had to dig it out of a console, lock box or door panel.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Taurus pt 145 millennium pro 45 acp

Yikes !!! Do you shoot that often? I had a PT111 in Gray I bought for my wife, after divorcing her, gave it my my adult daughter. The PT111 has been a great gun. I liked it for the LOOOOOOONG Trigger pull, heavy trigger, built in lock, and easy to get to one finger safety release. Figured it would be safe in her purse and no worry of accidental discharge. So a guy THINKING I liked Taurus, sold me his lightly used PT140 .40 at a deal I couldn't pass up. Hated it. Sold it to a buddy of mine, who shot the hell out of it, when he could. It spent more time at Taurus than it did with him. Finally Taurus just gave him a newer model of the same features and caliber and he sold it off while it was still new. The FFL he was using to ship the gun back and forth to Taurus was telling him, the 9mm's are OK (PT111) but the PT140 and PT145 was to heavy of a charge for these guns. These were Millennium, not Millennium Pro's. Hopefully the Pro distinguishes to good ones from the bad ones.

And even though Taurus does offer lifetime warranty, hope you don't need it. You still pay the shipping, and has to be done their way and the legal way or they refuse it and it comes back to you, so the shipping isn't all that cheap, and when they have it for repair, you might get it back by Christmas if you shipped it to them in the summer months.

texaschevy10

Never had any problems with it . I take it to the range several times a year and have never had to do anything but clean it . I Put a couple hundred rounds threw it each time .only time I had it jam was when shooting cheap hollow points that a buddy just had laying . around . same rounds jammed in my colt 1911 . My grand father also has the pt145 pro. He liked it so much he bought the exact gun only in a 9mm for my grand mother . Very reliable with a good price .

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Good to hear. Hopefully they got it fixed in the Pro series. I was pretty happy with the P111. The PT140 wasn't bad either other than it kicked hard as hell, and I didn't need it having my Glock and P94DC so I sold it to a buddy on payments he could afford, then he had all the problems with it. I figured it was something he did wrong while reassembling it, but the FFL dealer said, NO, common problem and Taurus is aware of it.

Here's the PT111 that my daughter has now. I thought it was pretty cool looking for a chick gun.
attachment.php

Attachments

• PT111Gray.jpg
    PT111Gray.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 64

texaschevy10

The pt 145 has a nice kick to it but I expect it in .45 with about a 2 inch barrel . i dont mind the kick to much and still have a pretty nice grouping at 30 yard . it beats the hell out of the s&w 500 or the desert eagle .50 acp . Those monsters kick like a mule . I really like that gray polymer on your pt111 . I looked at a pink one for my wife but she didn't like the shade of pink . Go figure . She ended up with a s&w .38 special airweight . Lil jack ruby special .

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I know that pink you're talking about. I wouldn't get it for my ex-wife or daughter either, so I don't blame your wife a bit. That color was is what I called Putred Pepto Pink.

jrw113

Living in Florida means it depends on the weather and where I am going. If I go to the beach a Keltec P3AT in a pocket holster is it. At the other end of the spectrum is a Coonan Classic 357 in a pancake holster with 2 extra mags.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
You've got to go with something compact and comfortable to carry. If it's not compact, it'll print (show) and others will be able to tell you're carrying. If it's not comfortable, you won't carry it and that will defeat the purpose of having a CCW. Even a .32 or 380 deterrent is better than no deterrent at all.

I was carrying my .45 4.5 in that holster that came with my springfield and nobody could tell I was carrying but I have very loose sweat jacket. I do have a better holster on the way though. I think that if you pick and chose what cloths you wear it want be a problem.

Rangel

I was carrying my .45 4.5 in that holster that came with my springfield and nobody could tell I was carrying but I have very loose sweat jacket. I do have a better holster on the way though. I think that if you pick and chose what cloths you wear it want be a problem.

Oh man those holsters are terrible. I don't even use my gear it came with.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I just wear a Tshirt that fits a tad big and it covers a P94 and a Glock 23 just fine in a paddle holster. I can do anything inside my waistband, that is umcomfy as hell, then having to move it everytime I get in and out of vehicle sucks.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
well here is the thing in alaska we have wild bears that will attack you for no reason unless the sow has her cubs then they will attack you for that reason, but other than that no reason what so ever and we have moose, wolf, lynx, and some other wild animals that come out and attack, and this law has been here for years and you can walk into any store as long as it doesnt sell liquor or beer, with the gun out in the open and you wont get in trouble for it. Like I have said we are allowed to carry oen and concealed in alaska since we have wild animals that roam the streets

Yeah I didn't know it at the time but I was station in Alaska back in the 70;s and I seen a guy that came in the store that had a long colt .44. I found out that they wild animals was the reason, so I was going to this bar and found myself walking out in the open and I know that a bear could have came out and chew me up but none came out of the woods.

Members online

No members online now.