Couple of new handguns....

doublestack

Couple of new handguns....Edit: New Grip pics added

About 6 weeks ago I picked up a new S&W M&P 9mm Shield for concealed carry......mainly for use when shopping at my local Walmart. ;-) Love the slim profile and able to get a good grip w/ the 7 round mag. Purchased a Kestrel IWB Kydex holster that has a large clip for easy put on and take off.
photo-39.jpg

Decided shortly there after to replace my Glock 23 .40 w/ a compact 9mm. After researching and watching too many youtube reviews, I just brought this home yesterday........
CZ 75D Compact PCR

cz-usa-cz-75-d-pcr-compact-500x332.png

Fits my hand just like my hard pecker...perfect!!! Nice and solid gun.....no rattles or slop in the slide. Ordered up 2k rounds of 124 gr from Lucky Gunner so I will try and shoot 150-200 rounds every two weeks till I feel comfortable with my two new friends.
Cheers!

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Congratulations. A segment of your post was TMI but glad you are happy with your pistols. All of them.

doublestack

Haven't sold the Glock yet....prolly throw it under the front seat of the truck and wait for a fit of road rage.;-) Glocks are great guns, but I just don't seem to get comfy w/ it. Didn't want to spend the money on filling and shaving the grip down and hope I would like it. The new CZ75, when i bring it up to ready to fire position the sights line up perfectly...just feels natural.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thats good, you definetly want something you can be comfortable with, and as long as it goes bang when u pull the trigger thats all thats comfortable..LMAO
Concealed 27

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
May want to go through the CZ and replace the springs before you rely on it for a carry gun. CZ makes a great gun but their springs are notorious for breaking. Several people I compete with shoot CZ and all had spring issues until they replaced them with aftermarket springs.

doublestack

Good to know...thanks! Ammo from LuckyGunner will arrive Wed., so thursday I plan on putting a couple hundred through it and another 50 or so through the Shield. Also ordered some Lok Grips for the PCR which should arrive in the next day or so. After carrying the Shield for a month, everything else seems so chunky!
When picking up my CZ, they had a nice Hi-Power Standard sitting in the case......:drool2: Kinda want a remington R1 also....not having a mortgage payment is kinda nice! :mexsmoke:
Thanks again

Last edited:

doublestack

No mortgage is something a lot of us wish we had....lol
Concealed 27

Yeah...seems kinda surreal not having to send/transfer in a monthly payment anymore. Paid it off in 23 1/2 years. Lots of extra payments and a refi w/ my F250 PSD loan tacked on. Now to start remodeling the house...$$$$$

doublestack

Bought some new grips for the CZ. Lok G10 Diamond Blk/Grey $60. The Lok grips are thinner and provide good grip. Like the stock rubber grips as they had palm swells which made for a comfy grip, but I like the reduction of thickness that the Lok's provide and they up the "pimp" factor. :favorites13:
Also throw in a pic of my Kestrel M&P Shield per request:
DSC02057_zpsnzpfmkme.jpg

DSC02059_zpspfoqw97v.jpg

DSC02060_zps3cyufcss.jpg

DSC02061_zpsqgv8dpcp.jpg

Members online

No members online now.