Duck Dynasty

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
A&E has suspended him which in turn has caused the whole family to reconsider their relationship with A&E. Now the latest is Cracker Barrel restaurants are pulling what they consider offensive Duck Dynasty/Commander items off their shelves and website. This move on their part perplexes me since I always considered CB a Southern Christian type establishment that would lean the conservative way and not bend to the LGBT pressure.

FYI...Duck Dynasty merchandise profits A&E. Duck Commander merchandise profits the Robertson family. So there is that info for whoever you want to support.

I've read reports that Duck Dynasty items are flying out the door in support of Phil when in reality they are sending money to A&E.

Update: Cracker Barrel may be pulling the A&E products and leaving the Duck Commander items which support the Robertson's. Hey, I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I think I am glad it happend because it was a bridge too far and just like with some gun control initiatives the enemies of our republic overplayed their hand.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I think Phil should be able to say what he believes. A&E over reacted IMO. Actually Phil didn't condemn anyone. He merely stated his interpretation of the bible to a point blank question that the interviewer knew would get a reaction. I think it was a setup. But Phil is so strong in his beliefs that he wasn't going to compromise with a wishy washy answer.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
I have watched D.D. but only a few times, i thought it was funny and quite entertaining, actually just before this I had started tuning intoit more often.
There is a "Stand By D.D." thingk goingk aroun. I tried to sign in support of the family ut, the website was so busy that affer an hour I Xeded out ofit.
I like that Phil hung to His beliefs, I think that He may have thought there`d be some sort of recourse come from His reply, but, I wood rather stand by My beliefs of Gods Words and be rediculed here on earth rather than be condemned by God when I pass over to the other side. Phil is right, they are wrong and I feel that A&E will suffer greatly for their actions. At least I wood hoping so.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Can't say I have ever watched it myself but his comments have certainly caused a big stir. I heard that Cracker Barrel has restocked items once again..gee I'm glad cause I was losing sleep over it. Awhile this story will be forgotten until those swamp people top it...life goes on.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I have never once watched the show, its not attractive to ,me ( prefer post apocalyptic dramas ;) ) but i am glad that GLAAD caused these problems because when they attack such popular people it bring out the real americans...

Social or political credit used unwisely will waste away.. (not that they had any w/ us but they had some just society at large via our media establishment)

kwo51

Full Access Member
The funny part of this comes out that the aids/hiv problem is increasing quickly all over the world. Mr.Robertson is only telling the truth. The gay people need to sit down and shut their mouths.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It's not a bad show. How could 14 million viewers be wrong? For a reality show it is somewhat entertaining without all the drama that is found in almost all the other reality shows. There's a touch of religion at the end of each show where they can found sitting around the dinner table bowing their heads and saying grace as a voiceover says what they learned from this episodes ordeal. A bit of a learning experience. But it never gets preachy. It just shows that they are a religious family.

Cracker Barrel sure put it in reverse. They came out with an apology and said that all Duck Dynasty/Commander stuff was back on the shelves. Apparently they got it with both barrels and it stung.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Cracker Barrel was smart. Not only did they apologize they admitted they were flat wrong. I'm not prejudice I get along with black whites gays just fine. In this country we are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness taking a dick up your b*** makes you happy then you're so entitled to do so. I damn sure never will but somebody sexual preference doesn't necessarily make them a bad person as far as being a sinner they'll be judged by their maker when the time comes and that's their business. But as far as what Phil said we are also entitled to free speech and if you don't want to know how someone feels about something then don't ask them. Obviously the Robertsons are strong in their religion and why they feel the way they do and they are entitled to feel that way without the media blowing it out of proportion so in my opinion f*** the media. Believe it or not the media is what keeps Hate stirred up in this country when people don't even really hate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I watched the first 2 episodes of the show and said it'll never make it it's stupid. Then just because that's all it was on, I watched a few more episodes. I later realized even though its fake as far as I'm concerned, its clean humor, the way the kids respect the adults in the show, family get togethers with meals at the table, every show ends with prayer and a message, how can you knock it? This country could use a lot more TV like this. Teenagers ought to be made to watch it learn how to treat their parents and grandparents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Bluez

Full Access Member
I just saw it today for first time to see what all the hubub was about.
I guess its ok if I am bored but nothing that could drag me away form the computer for long :D

ViperJeff

Administrator
I don't watch Duck D... However... when are these idiots that over react going to understand that the Bill of Rights and all the Amendments are protections under the law and you can't pick and choose which ones you agree with and want to enforce.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What JJ said doesn't even make any sense to me. Now I've heard he is demanding a meeting with the people at A&E. I hope A&E tells him to piss up a rope.

That's how JJ makes his money. Extortion. If a group doesn't do what he says then he threatens that "his people" will boycott them. And he's often paid off to keep the peace.

article said:
Q: And from the corporate standpoint, it is cheaper than being involved in a 10-year lawsuit where lawyers are eating up billable hours.

A: You better believe it. I’ve had a number of CEOs come to me and say paying Jesse Jackson $400,000 or $500,000 was the price of doing business. By the way, I think that shareholders have something to say to corporate leaders who do that.

Q: This is extortion. Jackson doesn’t use a gun, but he might as well. But from the corporate side, the CEO’s responsibility is to maintain the value of the stock.

A: The CEO’s responsibility is not to let himself be extorted and not to pay an inordinate high price for the extortion.

Q: If they can pay Jesse $500,000 to buy him off instead of $5 million to lawyers …

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2002/03/13339/#4vhzceKA6HVG8Z3s.99

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nimrod jessie jackson getting into it now. WTF. He is a duck shit.

Duh, you didn't see that comin'? Al Sharpelton and Oprah Winfrey will be in on it too. And of course, Phil could have been talking about Obama's son sooooo...

This is my whole point, do you realize it's that same players and the media that keep the hate and biggotry alive in USA???

Members online

No members online now.