Favorite Handgun?

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I get alot of flak for this but my "favorite" handgun is my Ruger P89DC. I grew up with this gun, it's like an extension of my arm. I've let others try it, and they always complain about the trigger, but for me it almost second nature to when it releases. Very reliable, shoots everything I put in it.

It's my only 9mm pistol, and because I'm so used to it, I've never tried to replace it with anything else. Only downside is because of its size, it will not be daily carry.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Tell the Ruger P series haters, to massage your left nut with their tongue. I've also got a P89DC, and it's flaweless as can be, and even with 15rd aftermarket mags.

Things got tough and I got GLocks now, so I just sold my Ruger P944 for $450 that I bought new in Feb 2001. Someone out there likes the P series. I loved both my P series, never had problems. I am keeping the P89DC since it's my very first ACP and I am very accurate with it. But, it's pretty much retired now. I do like the Glocks and they are so much easier to maintain than the P 89 and P 94 series.

SWSS

Full Access Member
my wifeys first was/is the P89DC. she qualified with it. (quite well I might add). bought a $299 tradein and due to a screwup at the gun shop, it was sold out from under me. The gun shop is top notch and he ordered a brand new one to replace it! shoots like a jewel!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
my wifeys first was/is the P89DC. she qualified with it. (quite well I might add). bought a $299 tradein and due to a screwup at the gun shop, it was sold out from under me. The gun shop is top notch and he ordered a brand new one to replace it! shoots like a jewel!

Wow, Hat's off to that gun shop. I know where I'd be taking my biz in the future even if I had to pay a tad more for a few items. Honesty and Integrity go a long way in my book. The cheap deals are not always the best deals.

So that makes 3 of us that have P89DC's and no complaints. :waytogo: My only complaint, I wish I would have spent $40 more way back then, and got the Stainless. Of course the blue has help up well and it still looks and shoots like new.

moodster

Full Access Member
ygu8udun.jpg
As far as fun to shoot my S&W governor is my favorite to go shoot.

I just got one of these 2 weeks ago with the LG.
Really like it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
As a Glock guy my answer may sound a little strange. One of the best shooting guns I've owned was my Beretta 92fs. Shot flawless but not easy to carry....hence Glocks

otasan

Full Access Member
Hard choice between my 1989 G17 and my 1986 Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP pin gun (comped barrel). As for time on duty, it is my G17 for sure. CCW since 1989.

Bluez

Full Access Member
My favorite handgun right now is htis beautiful GP100 Royal Phoenix Edtion

Attachments

• 100_1592.jpg
    100_1592.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1593.jpg
    100_1593.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 8

Members online

No members online now.