Favorite Handgun?

WWM

That is cool, is the difference really pronounced or just you shooting better with your Dad's Kimberly?

I like to think it's the old man guiding my hand a little. He was state IDPA revolver champ back in 79 and 81.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Anything else is crap:
cca1468c.jpg

More info?

MIKEITH

I'd have to say my m&p 9 with apex FSS trigger kit, and my 22/45(will be much nicer once my paclite upper comes in for it

Slowpoke

Gemini Customs. Would take 2 pages to put all of the specs. Even has a fluted barrel----lots of info on the web about the builder who is the President of the APG. Marc does nice work but has given up on the .45 and full bown customs because of the time involved. That is a shame because he is good...

Last edited:

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
Gemini Customs. Would take 2 pages to put all of the specs. Even has a fluted barrel----lots of info on the web about the builder who is the President of the APG. Marc does nice work but has given up on the .45 and full bown customs because of the time involved. That is a shame because he is good...

Nice BBQ gun...but does it blend? :D

Right now my Sig 1911 rides on my hip at work every day...but that little XDS is creeping up on the popularity list pretty fast as an off duty gun. Great little big-bore pistol.

Arckadian

Nice BBQ gun...but does it blend? :D

Right now my Sig 1911 rides on my hip at work every day...but that little XDS is creeping up on the popularity list pretty fast as an off duty gun. Great little big-bore pistol.

off duty weapon.... are you by chance law enforcement or something? I read you work graveyard shift I believe.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
off duty weapon.... are you by chance law enforcement or something? I read you work graveyard shift I believe.

Yep, Colorado LEO. About to send my slide and small parts off to James at XD-HS2000 to have him GunKote it in either FDE or Titanium Grey and add some night sights (probably Truglo TFO's).

Arckadian

My 1911 was modified for a police officer and I really dig the night sights.... I know that the rear sights can get the night sight dots on it, but I am not sure what you can do with the fiberoptic front sight... in the dark you cant see anything but in the light its a bright little thing

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
It's not a matter of just adding the night sight inserts into the factory sights, you take the front/rear sights completely off and replace it with different sights altogether that have the tritium vials built in.

Arckadian

oh joy.... I know that the 1911 was taken to a gun smith for modification, I suppose I know what else they replaced. I know they changed out the barrel when he took it in, not sure why though.

oppo

Full Access Member
Why not? What makes it not a good carry?

It is a lot of gun and I don't mean the cartridge. It would be very difficult to conceal under normal clothing. That is the same reason I don't carry my GP 100.

Last edited:

Arckadian

hehe I think it just depends on how you dress.... I always have a trench coat on... so for me I can hide a lot of equipment... I have been known to wear my coat in 120 weather

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
Well maybe in the winter time but you dont want old ladys freaking out in the food store line when you bend over and dirty harry pokes out for everyone to see.

That could be interpreted a variety of ways....:ROFLJest:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Some older women might even be happy to see "Dirty Harry".

And a trench coat in 120 degree weather sounds like your out to flash Dirty Harry.

Members online

No members online now.