Glock 23

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Hey guys what did you pay for your g23, their a sale that's going on Apr. 17 and I can get a gen 3 for about $440 out the door, is that a good price? I really wanted to get a Sig P227 SAS but I haven't being able to find one those so I might have to go with this for now.

oppo

Full Access Member
I haven't spent much time pricing Glocks but if I recall correctly, that is a pretty good price.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Wow, guys thanks I have post this on a few forums and everybody have said that is a good price and I don't think that I can pass that up.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Good price better than GSSF Price is that price plus tax. Its a great carry weapon Daddy, you know im a glock guy so if you have the cash I would say pick it up, Im not a fan of Gen 4s I like the Gen 3s better but thats my personal choice, Im trying to save for a Gen 3 full size G20 then pick up a gen 4 G43 when its settled down on the market in 6-8 months then I can give a better opinion on gen 4s. Im sure i will like it but im just used to armoring and shooting the Gen 3s...Just a little info I have stored in my disabled mind...lol
Concealed 27

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Thank you Concealed 27 and I always put talon rubber grip on most of all my glock anyway so no matter what I get I'm going to get those install. In a matter of fact I've already order them and I's waiting for them to come. If I have time I might go to the range and rent one each before they go on sales.

The wife and I are going out of town down to OR and I would like to get it and shoot it before I go because I want to take it with me. I will let you guys know on what I go with.

BTW: Yes that is out the door, the base don't have tax.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Well I went with it today and bought it home it a Glock 23 Gen 4 so I clean it up a little and took it to the range and I love it, I also order a SS spring for it that suppose to be here Monday. I put 50 rounds of the Rem, 100 rounds of WWB and a mag of the 165gr Gold Dot with no problem.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Yes it is a prefect carry gun I also have the G19 so it's no different as far as carry but so far I love it. Since a lot of LE and other are going with the 9mm that leave me with more ammo to buy.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I have meporlight night sights on my 23 and the 19 will have some soon. Really help old eyes even in the day time.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah you got a few more Glocks than me big daddy but I'm due for a new one soon We both have what I do G19,23,27 but all mine are 3rd gen. I'm thinking bout the G43 or a full size G20 or 22 since the three I have I can carry, I've been looking for a blind marked 357 Sig barrel but hard to come by. I've found them used but they want more than a new one goes for. Well see what I do, I figure a 357 in the 23 would shoot real nice.....
Concealed 27

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Yeah you got a few more Glocks than me big daddy but I'm due for a new one soon We both have what I do G19,23,27 but all mine are 3rd gen. I'm thinking bout the G43 or a full size G20 or 22 since the three I have I can carry, I've been looking for a blind marked 357 Sig barrel but hard to come by. I've found them used but they want more than a new one goes for. Well see what I do, I figure a 357 in the 23 would shoot real nice.....
Concealed 27

Yeah, was thinking about getting a .357 sig barrel for the G23 but I have one for my Sig P229R so I might just hold off for now unless I find a killer deal. Yes I do have the 19/27/23/29/30S and later this year who know what the Lord might send my way. I received my Lone Wolf SS RSA today and I'm excited to get to the range to try it out, I will let you guys know when I do.

I was thinking about the trijicon hd for my G23 but maybe in a few months or so.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Was that used? $440 Total is a steal. I didn't get to see the pics. Way to big and huge file size that my data plan won't let me download.

Next, you need to get you a couple Glock 22 Mags and X Grips. Adds 2 more rounds and a bit more grip. That's the way I carry mine. Depending on the clothes I'm wearing, I might go back to the standard 13rd mags, but I do prefer the bigger grip with my big ass gorilla hands.

Attachments

• P89DC 043.jpg
    P89DC 043.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5
  • P89DC 044.jpg
    P89DC 044.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Was that used? $440 Total is a steal. I didn't get to see the pics. Way to big and huge file size that my data plan won't let me download.

Next, you need to get you a couple Glock 22 Mags and X Grips. Adds 2 more rounds and a bit more grip. That's the way I carry mine. Depending on the clothes I'm wearing, I might go back to the standard 13rd mags, but I do prefer the bigger grip with my big ass gorilla hands.

Oh yeah I see now I didn't think about that so now I will be getting some of those for carry. I went with the Gen4 I also order a SS RSA for it from Lone Wolf, they sent it to me already so i will going to the range sometime this week to check it out. I'm carrying it now and love how it feel, well I know it's the same size as my Gen4 G19 so I didn't have to buy another holster for it.

BTW: I paid out the door $486.00 for it, I just decided to go with the Gen4 because my other are Gen4's.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Well guys, I learned a good lesson today or the other day I bought a ss rsa for my G23 and was able to take it to the range the other day and found out that out of 115 fmj rounds I had 5 to 6 FTF so needless to say I took it out and am sending it back. I think that I want do nothing internal in my guns but I will get some night sight for it. I know that it could have being the ammo but I still sending it back.

Members online

No members online now.