Gun-Free Zones Are Not Evil People-Free Zones

priell3

Full Access Member
The horrific Parkland, Florida H.S. massacre tears at the conscience of us all. It also predictably invited the tired, unworkable policy fix from the left: let's just ban guns! How the left imagines that this might fix these awful tragedies is beyond reason. Worse, leftists obnoxiously claim that NRA members and others who disagree with them don't care. Incredible. Of course, raw emotion always clouds good judgment.

We should dissect this tragic event with critical thinking, not emotion. The scripted prescriptions offered at the CNN town hall meeting hours later contributed nothing to this effort. Shame on CNN and all the adults who conspired with that fake news giant creating that circus TV moment. And more shame on those who manipulated traumatized children to promote their agenda.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art..._not_evil_peoplefree_zones.html#ixzz59ixMekvD

Full Access Member
I wonder why the mental instability of the people commiting these crimes, and the ignored warning signs are not the issue. These people are going to kill, if not with guns, then something else will be used, you can't ban everything.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
"But...but we must do something". This is the knee jerk reaction after these tragedies happen. Sure, make a bunch of laws. Do you think anyone Hellbent on killing people will adhere to them? No! You know, no murdering is already a law but they're going to break that one won't they. News flash. THEY DON'T CARE!

I know a guy who is a hunter, and likes guns, but is a liberal. He said "Something has to be done". "Nobody needs a 40 round magazine or a bump stock". He incorrectly said that nobody needed a fully automatic assault rifle. This is where I stopped him and corrected him that all the shootings were done with a semi auto. He then said "Well, a bump stock turns it into a full auto". I asked him when the last shooting was done with a bump stock. He didn't know but I knew it was Vegas but didn't reveal that to him. But this tells me he's just parroting what he's been hearing on his liberal news sources.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's just a matter of time before today's youth, once old enough to vote, will give up the second amendment. The organized school walkout today reinforces my prediction. And the government is patiently waiting for that time, to get total control over it's people.

oppo

Full Access Member
Liberalism is a mental disorder without question.

Let's see...

The FBI was warned and did nothing.

Broward county had to deal with this criminal 30 something times and never did anything or reported any of it to NICS.

The deputy fled and warned other officers to do the same.

The SWAT team members who actually went to help were punished for doing so.

The courts have ruled that police have no duty to protect us.

Now, a logical person would realize this means we are solely responsible for our own protection but liberals look at this and believe the answer is to further disarm ourselves and leave our children unprotected because they think a murderer will be stopped by just one more law. That is a pretty good definition of insanity.

oppo

Full Access Member
"But...but we must do something". This is the knee jerk reaction after these tragedies happen. Sure, make a bunch of laws. Do you think anyone Hellbent on killing people will adhere to them? No! You know, no murdering is already a law but they're going to break that one won't they. News flash. THEY DON'T CARE!

I know a guy who is a hunter, and likes guns, but is a liberal. He said "Something has to be done". "Nobody needs a 40 round magazine or a bump stock". He incorrectly said that nobody needed a fully automatic assault rifle. This is where I stopped him and corrected him that all the shootings were done with a semi auto. He then said "Well, a bump stock turns it into a full auto". I asked him when the last shooting was done with a bump stock. He didn't know but I knew it was Vegas but didn't reveal that to him. But this tells me he's just parroting what he's been hearing on his liberal news sources.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's just a matter of time before today's youth, once old enough to vote, will give up the second amendment. The organized school walkout today reinforces my prediction. And the government is patiently waiting for that time, to get total control over it's people.

Sad but true and it scares the crap out of me how effective liberal media brainwashing is. During a recent trip to the range, I found out that my own mother was under the mistaken belief that all AR15's were full auto. Last weekend, I took my son's fiance to the range to teach her to shoot and found out she was had the same liberal media induced misconception. I also showed her how magazine changes worked and why magazine capacity laws are B.S. It was an eye opening and positive experience for her.

priell3

Full Access Member
Sad but true and it scares the crap out of me how effective liberal media brainwashing is. During a recent trip to the range, I found out that my own mother was under the mistaken belief that all AR15's were full auto. Last weekend, I took my son's fiance to the range to teach her to shoot and found out she was had the same liberal media induced misconception. I also showed her how magazine changes worked and why magazine capacity laws are B.S. It was an eye opening and positive experience for her.

The firearms knowledge of most of the sheep is gathered from the media and Hollyweird.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Even if they did outlaw guns, do they realize how long it will take to purge the US of all guns? Decades if it's even possible. First they'd come after the guns that are documented and they know where to find them. After that it's a cat and mouse game. Finding guns used in a crime etc.

Criminals will have them squirreled away in all kinds of places. But come to think of it, people who never committed a crime will become instant criminals if they don't turn in all their guns. These liberals think that with a stroke of the pen we will instantly be living in a utopia where no harm will ever come to anyone ever again. They live in a fantasy world driven by pure emotion. No logical thinking ever enters their mind.

They don't have the ability to look down the road and see what the government would/could do to them with an unarmed society. All they really need to do is look at history and see what countries first became unarmed and then what happened to them. But that wold never happen here. Our government is here to help everyone. Won't happen to me attitude.

sFqItAv.jpg

Members online

No members online now.