Gun Show In Austin Texas

ViperJeff

Administrator
Thats crazy, it's the best place to go Christmas Shopping

Wamart... Gun SHow... ?

If your a man and you said Walmart......... :025:

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Walmart has better prices and no 30.06 signs, most of which are illegal.

Walmart pulled their AR's so they can price gouge later. I sold everything in inventory without raising prices. Support giant companies while they rip you off if you want.

oppo

Full Access Member
Walmart pulled their AR's so they can price gouge later. I sold everything in inventory without raising prices. Support giant companies while they rip you off if you want.

You are one of the good ones. I am for supporting local vendors when doing so is reasonable. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. I do enjoy gun shows but the 30.06 bullshit, even though the individual vendors are not responsible for it, is a deal breaker for me. If I see a 30.06 sign, I am going elsewhere.

I enjoy stopping into "mom and pop" stores and looking around. If they have something I want at a reasonable price, I will gladly buy from them.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
I didn't have time to go take a piss, let alone take pics lol.

You wouldn't believe how many negligent discharges there are at gun shows... even with the 30.06 signs.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
I didn't have time to go take a piss, let alone take pics lol.

You wouldn't believe how many negligent discharges there are at gun shows... even with the 30.06 signs.

Let me be a little more clear. Most of the gun shows around here are on publicly owned property. According to state law 30.06 does not apply and cannot be made off limits to chls. For someone to ignore state law and attempt to enforce 30.06 signs on such property is bullshit, period. If someone wants to post 30.06 on private property, that is another matter entirely as they are entitled to do so. They just don't want my business very badly.

As for ND's, a concealed handgun is just that. My pistol poses no more danger at a gunshow than it does at the mall, out to dinner, or Walmart. Personally, I have seen 1 ND at a gunshow and it was by a vendor. It would be interesting to see the details of every ND that has occurred at a gunshow.

oppo

Full Access Member
Ok what's 30.06? I started reading it 30-06 signs, but quickly realized I had to be mistaken.

30.06 is a Texas law that allows someone in control of private property to prohibit concealed handguns and defines what notice must be given to do so.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
I see you're point, but I also see theirs. I don't like it very much either, but it's there for a reason. Not every gun owner is like you and I. Somebody decides they want to sell or trade the gun they're carrying, and bang. A promoter that does shows around here got kicked out of 2 locations in Austin because of the NDs. So of course, he has the 30.06 posted and we have to put zip ties on all the guns... I hate that more than the 06. Can't blame the man for wanting to stay in business though. Stupid laws/rules are there because of stupid people.

oppo

Full Access Member
I see you're point, but I also see theirs. I don't like it very much either, but it's there for a reason. Not every gun owner is like you and I. Somebody decides they want to sell or trade the gun they're carrying, and bang. A promoter that does shows around here got kicked out of 2 locations in Austin because of the NDs. So of course, he has the 30.06 posted and we have to put zip ties on all the guns... I hate that more than the 06. Can't blame the man for wanting to stay in business though. Stupid laws/rules are there because of stupid people.

I can understand where they are coming from, to a point anyway. I just have a problem when it is done in violation of state law. If we can't count on pro-gun businesses to follow the law and not violate the rights of citizens, how can we expect anti-gun businesses and government entities to follow the law? We already have local governments openly violating people's rights contrary to state law, Grapevine, Ft Worth, and Dallas for starters. Again, if it is private property, they are free to post and enforce as they wish. They have the right to do so and while I don't support them doing it, I do support their right to do so on private property. However, enforcing 30.06 signs on publicly owned property is illegal and there is no excuse for it.

I also realize it isnt the individual vendors making that decision. Unfortunately, I can't support them, at the show anyway, without also supporting the promoter.

I also agree the zip tie thing sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts