I am a swiss student and I have some question.

swiss student

Hello everyone
First forgive my faults in English, it's not my native language. I'm preparing a work to get my degree in Switzerland, the theme of my work is the relationship between guns and americans.
I would have liked to interview you directly but thousands of kilometers separate us so I prefer to do it directly on forums, you will surely find this post on another forum of firearms, in order to collect a maximum of testimony.
Please be the most honest in your answer, my goal is not to judge but to understand, if you want your comment to remain private for different reason, sent it to me at the email address: [email protected]

1) Why did you buy a weapon ?

2) Where did you get the passion for weapons ?

3) how would you describe the relationship between guns and americans.

4) Should everyone have the right to buy a weapon in your opinion?

5) Is there a link between the number of weapons in circulation and mass
killings, murder ... ?

6) Should we toughen the law on weapons in the USA ?

Thank you in advance for your answers,see you soon,I hope :chewie:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Hello everyone
First forgive my faults in English, it's not my native language. I'm preparing a work to get my degree in Switzerland, the theme of my work is the relationship between guns and americans.
I would have liked to interview you directly but thousands of kilometers separate us so I prefer to do it directly on forums, you will surely find this post on another forum of firearms, in order to collect a maximum of testimony.
Please be the most honest in your answer, my goal is not to judge but to understand, if you want your comment to remain private for different reason, sent it to me at the email address: [email protected]

1) Why did you buy a weapon ?

Because I could. I wanted my own gun instead of using my fathers. Certain guns appeal to different people for different reasons. So when I was old enough, I bought my first pistol which was a beautiful Belgium Browning .22.

2) Where did you get the passion for weapons ?

Passion may be a strong term. They aren't an obsession (with me at least). It's more a hobby or a collection. Unless someone comes and tries to take them. Then I get passionate about it.

3) how would you describe the relationship between guns and americans.

Depends on who you ask. There are people who are unreasonably/hysterically afraid of them. And then there are responsible owners that treat them with respect and follow the safety rules associated with owning guns.

4) Should everyone have the right to buy a weapon in your opinion?

According to our Constitution, yes. However there are those with mental issues that shouldn't have them. Unfortunately, that is sometimes discovered too late. And that's when you want a couple responsible gun owners in the room. Police will never get there in time.

5) Is there a link between the number of weapons in circulation and mass
killings, murder ... ?

No. The US has millions of firearms owned by responsible people. They would only ever be used for self defense or target practice. Some of the most dangerous places to be in the US are where gun restrictions are strongest.

6) Should we toughen the law on weapons in the USA ?

Absolutely NOT! There are already laws on the books that defy the Constitution. New laws only affect the law abiding. Criminals don't follow laws. Mass shooters don't follow laws. I even think God has one about Thou shalt not kill.

Thank you in advance for your answers,see you soon,I hope :chewie:

Please see above.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
1) For starters, I simply enjoy shooting them. Whether shooting paper, tin cans, clay pigeons, or other targets, it is fun. They are also useful for hunting which is also a lot of fun. Then, of course, there is also the fact that they provide the means to protect ourselves and our families. Criminals don't follow laws and even the best police can't be everywhere and waiting on them to arrive, which I have personally seen take an hour in a major city, is a poor option when you are in danger. In addition, our courts have repeatedly ruled that police are not obligated to protect us.

2) It started as a kid shooting tin cans with a bb gun and later firearms for hunting, sport shooting, and self defense. Also, this country was founded on the idea that government really only exists to protect the rights of the people and was founded by people who took up arms against an unjust government. Every tyrannical government throughout history has sought to dissarm it's subjects in order to control them. Being armed both symbolizes and protects what freedom we still have.

3) For many, they symbolize a deep seeded belief in freedom, an enjoyment of the outdoors, and the ability to protect ourselves and our families. Some however, have an irrational fear of them that stems from ignorance.

4) As long as they haven't forfeited that by criminal behavior and are not mentally ill, yes.

5) No but there is absolutely a correlation between the ability of citizens to carry weapons and a lack of mass murders. Almost all of our mass murders are in areas where law abiding citizens are prohibited from carrying weapons. Places such as gun shows and shooting ranges are exceptionally safe.

6) Absolutely not because that would only further restrict the rights of law abiding citizens and not criminals who already violate the law.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts