I'm sick of Christmas

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I agree, I told all family's not to buy anything worthless..... told them I'd be happy with nothing and did not want anything....... I'm getting my neices and nephew something and my ma,pa something and that's nothing more than 15-20 bucks, that's all I ever do just get them what they need small things. Its more about being with your family to me and the birth of christ but that's JMHO....businesses have made it a money making thing but I guess that's what's important, we will see when the dollars is not worth the paper its printed on. I have lots to barter, some understand....some dont. No one knows what's gonna happen and what's gonna work...just a little bit of everything sorry mods.....
:facepalm:
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The holiday has become too commercialized. When trees and lights start showing up at Lowe's and Walmart before Halloween is over then something is wrong. And I agree, I don't want anything I don't need. Prepping supplies are great. From weapons to a case of canned vegetables. It's something that will last and be used.

I'd bet there are a whole bunch of people out there that don't even know why Christmas is celebrated. All they know is it's the time a heavyset man dressed in red comes down their chimney and leaves presents. And that's all they care to know.

Arckadian

Personally . . . If people want to give a gift to me this year I can think of one thing that I know EVERYONE needs. Don't get me the cheap plastic toy, or a new rim for my car. . . just cold hard cash. At least with that I can buy what I want or even get a hand helping to pay the mass of heaping bills that I have to fork out every month. Christmas is not a holiday to bring the family together, its a race to see how much money people, and dumb people at that, can spend before the end of the year.

Now toys for kids, young ones, is ok because they are young and they should get a chance to play before life puts its gigantic 64 inch boot on their chest. Just my thoughts though.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
My family and friends don't usually exchange gifts. If I have something cool in mind for a gift for someone I will get them something, they will do the same. Ii's just an understanding between everyone, and nobody thinks any more of the matter.
Some years, I give three or four gifts and receive none, sometimes I get a few and give none.

Since my brothers all live in different cities (one across the country) It is enough that we get together with everyone and have time together eating, drinking, laughing, etc.

STF

Full Access Member
It's not just the cheap garbage gifts to me it's more that I'm sick of how much it's commercialized.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Hey come on now..spending and going in debt for Christmas is the American way. Hey if the government is debt for like $16 trillion, then you can too!. Come on now rush to your local mall and whip out your credit cards and just think the more you spend the more you can save. For it is the season of giving and taking a hit on your credit score.

STF

Full Access Member
LOL, good thing I don't have any credit cards. I learned from my parents mistakes.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
US National Debt ........ Debt Per Citizen....... US Population
$17,237,255,976,105.......$54,285...............317,529,717

Just thought you would want to know..........

STF

Full Access Member
How much of that debt includes homes and cars though? I don't see those two things to be something that are avoidable debts. Maybe cars (I am debt free on cars currently) but not really.

armoredman

Full Access Member
The only gift giving I do is on my forum, and to my son. My wife lost both parents near Christmas, so we don't decorate or celebrate.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
What our politicians are getting for Christmas this year for shutting down the government.

howtotellyouvebeenreallybad.jpg

Members online

No members online now.