Merry Christmas To Me!! XDs

Fastfood

2012-12-24061259.jpg

Cant wait to shoot it. For those who have shot the XDs how jumpy is it?

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Congratulations!!

If you have handled a .45 before, you will not have any problems with the XDs. It has a little recoil, but not nearly as bad as you would expect from such a diminutive handgun.

Enjoy!!

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Congrats on the Xmas present. Seems like half the people on here have one now. I'd like to hear some feedback after you get to put some rounds down range. I'd love to get some range time with one

Arckadian

hehe look at my range pictures :) It is a great firing handgun and its really accurate.... I recommend to everyone to try one and then get one.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Nice Christmas gift.. just remember without "christ" there is no Christmas.... please do range report after u feel her up.....

Fastfood

Ok, A little update....

I went to the range and shot the XDs for a little while on 29th and have to agree with my first thoughts... the grip is aggressive!! Could not see myself enjoying practice with it after 50 rounds. I also forgot that an indoor range isnt climate controlled, it was like 35 degrees and I was cold so my groups were very embarassing :)

Went again yesterday a little more prepared with warm clothes and purchased a grip sleeve from Hoague and tried it again...

Amazing.... That about sums it up! $10 grip changed the world, now I could really get into it. The distance from my bedroom door to downstairs entry door is 20', so we placed our target at 7 yards and was able to keep 7 shot group in the head of the bowling pin target. Very acurate, little jumpy, but a blast to shoot none the less.

Would I recommend this gun to a friend? Yes, but with a sleeve to calm the grips stippling. :favorites13:

We also brought along a few other toys and tried to get the best group progressing from the Sig 1911-22, Sig P238, SA XDs and Taurus 357 (7)round without stopping.
All again (except (1)1.75" stray) confined to the square in the middle of pin target. Will go again this Saturday but I will get the target befor my father in law wads it up while I was reloading my defense rounds. :(

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I will be going back to the range Friday, I really love to shoot my XDs I also brought one 7 rds mag for it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Ok, A little update....

I went to the range and shot the XDs for a little while on 29th and have to agree with my first thoughts... the grip is aggressive!! Could not see myself enjoying practice with it after 50 rounds. I also forgot that an indoor range isnt climate controlled, it was like 35 degrees and I was cold so my groups were very embarassing :)

Went again yesterday a little more prepared with warm clothes and purchased a grip sleeve from Hoague and tried it again...

Amazing.... That about sums it up! $10 grip changed the world, now I could really get into it. The distance from my bedroom door to downstairs entry door is 20', so we placed our target at 7 yards and was able to keep 7 shot group in the head of the bowling pin target. Very acurate, little jumpy, but a blast to shoot none the less.

Would I recommend this gun to a friend? Yes, but with a sleeve to calm the grips stippling. :favorites13:

We also brought along a few other toys and tried to get the best group progressing from the Sig 1911-22, Sig P238, SA XDs and Taurus 357 (7)round without stopping.
All again (except (1)1.75" stray) confined to the square in the middle of pin target. Will go again this Saturday but I will get the target befor my father in law wads it up while I was reloading my defense rounds. :(

Aggresive stippling gets me to, this why I hate gen4 glocks..JMHO

Members online

No members online now.