Mexican shootout leaves 40 dead

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
MEXICO CITY — As many as 40 people were killed Friday in what authorities described as a large-scale shootout between law enforcement and criminal suspects in western Mexico.

Almost all of the dead were suspected criminals, said a Federal Police official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk with journalists.

There were few details of the reported gunbattle, but video obtained by The Associated Press showed federal police coming under fire and bodies strewn throughout a ranch.

The confrontation started when federal police officers tried to pull over a truck on the highway near the ranch. As police got close, people inside the truck opened fire, Michoacan Gov. Salvador Jara told Radio Formula.

According to an account of events circulated among federal police units, the first report of the confrontation came in at about 8 a.m. Friday. The government dispatched special forces and a Black Hawk helicopter as reinforcements.

Same area where a few years back they found dozens of bodies buried on a ranch. Estimates claim over 25,000 people have been killed by these drug cartels in Mexico..why anybody would want to go there on vacation is beyond me...but they still do.

:shooter:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
These are the news stories that the "my drug use doesn't hurt anyone" crowd needs to understand.

If you use narcotics you are complicent in every murder, assassination, extortion, bribe that the cartels commit. You not only have a hash pipe in your hands, but you have blood all over them as well.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Thats why we should grow our own!!!!!

I feel in the near future you will see more and more states like AK,CA and OR legalizing the possession of marijuana and allowing it to be sold and taxed like Colorado and Washington have done. Some may differ but the additional revenue coming into state coffers could offset budget cuts which many are facing.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Drug war was lost many years ago. Just to much money involved to keep people out of it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have glaucoma in my right eye which is in stage 2 of blindness.....I could use a medicinal card for sure...... I don't do drugs now except prescription and I take a bunch 22 different pills a day......ridiculous in my eyes.
Concealed 27

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Up here in Washington it was pretty easy to get a marijuana medical card..show or tell a qualified doctor you have pain and bam..here is your new card. But now with the state involved in the action, things I feel have changed to qualify for a card. But opponents argue that medical marijuana is completely different in nature and has proven in scientific studies that it helps patients alleviate pain and also for glaucoma. I probably would qualify for a card for my degenerative arthritis but considering I still drive commercially, I would have a good chance of losing my job if involved in an accident.

But still I see more and more states legalizing small amounts for personal sale and use..maybe if the market was saturated enough, there wouldn't be a need to smuggle it across the borders. Sounds logical but this could take years.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Hemp oil is a quality lubricant ,hemp makes fine clothing , it grows well almost everywhere and makes great paper products. Sounds almost like a miracle plant to me. Works to reverse carbon build up on this rock. Sure glad smoking citrus does not get you high or it would be illegal.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
There are many strains of hemp with very low amounts of THC. They would be very useful for paper, rope, linens, etc and would only give you a headache if you smoked it.

Although I don't smoke pot, I don't see a huge problem with legalizing and regulating marijuana. I think states can observe what Colorado and Washington have for problems and craft laws that solve the issues and keep abuse to a minimum.

Treat DUI the same with pot and with alcohol; get some tax revenue, and lighten the burden on law enforcement.

Members online

No members online now.