Mosin Nagant Rifle

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've had a Mosin Nagant rifle for......well, forever. I bought it on a whim from a department store here in town called Roses for around $70. I dug it out of the safe the other day due to a friend talking about a bayonet he got for his M1 Garand. I told him I'd been looking on and off for a bayonet for the Mosin. He said he had a couple and gave me one to try out. Well it didn't fit.

So I did some research to find out what was going on. Come to find out mine is a Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant with the hex receiver. It doesn't take the standard Mosin bayonet. It actually takes a blade instead of the spike. And the blade runs around $200 to $300. There are reproduction blades out there which I'd gladly take but their prices are up there too. Don't think I'll be spending more for the bayonet than the gun. Although I found that my $70 gun is now worth somewhere around $300-350. This is how my setup would look if I had the blade.

serveimage

Look what I found.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlm1jgbrq4[/ame]

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
After taking a closer look at my rifle. It looks like I've got some kind of hybrid. The date on the chamber is 1930 so that disqualifies it as a M39. But the front sight on the gun is just like the M39. The stock on my gun is not like the one pictured or like what Hickok showed. This is really weird. More investigating needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts