My gun control theory.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Here is my theory on what is going on with new gun control laws. Obviously a hot topic in washington that many politicians are very afraid of. Damned if they do damned if they don't. That said how do they control guns without new laws? By controlling the flow of ammo. We all know that ammo availability sucks at best. Here is my theory on that. DHS has been buying billions of rounds of ammo. When a manufacturer takes a government contract there is a clause that forces the manufacturer to put the government order as top priority. Just using Winchester as an example here. Winchest signs a contract to supply the government with 9mm ammo. In that contract is an clause that states if Winchester recieves a government order with an "X-code" it takes priority over all other orders and must be filled first. All production capacity has to go to filling that order. So now Winchester has to set up all equipment to run ammo to fill these priority orders. Keep in mind that the government has orders with all large scale ammo manufacturers so it would be very easy to upset the flow of civilian orders.

During the Iraq war 2003-2011 the U.S. military's average monthly ammo usage was about 5.5 million rounds. Based on the orders DHS has it would support that volume for more than 30 years. Why would they possibly need that volume?

Just my $.02

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I've thought of the same thing also. Or while they have everyone's attention on gun control they're trying to sneak something in on us.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Here is my theory on what is going on with new gun control laws. Obviously a hot topic in washington that many politicians are very afraid of. Damned if they do damned if they don't. That said how do they control guns without new laws? By controlling the flow of ammo. We all know that ammo availability sucks at best. Here is my theory on that. DHS has been buying billions of rounds of ammo. When a manufacturer takes a government contract there is a clause that forces the manufacturer to put the government order as top priority. Just using Winchester as an example here. Winchest signs a contract to supply the government with 9mm ammo. In that contract is an clause that states if Winchester recieves a government order with an "X-code" it takes priority over all other orders and must be filled first. All production capacity has to go to filling that order. So now Winchester has to set up all equipment to run ammo to fill these priority orders. Keep in mind that the government has orders with all large scale ammo manufacturers so it would be very easy to upset the flow of civilian orders.

During the Iraq war 2003-2011 the U.S. military's average monthly ammo usage was about 5.5 million rounds. Based on the orders DHS has it would support that volume for more than 30 years. Why would they possibly need that volume?

Just my $.02

If u put the price of ammo high or extremely hard to get we are at a disadvantage. You take away what you need to operate, and our weapons ammunition supply is nothing compared to theirs

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Billions of rounds of ammo....armored trucks....DHS is doing the same thing we are, but on a much grander scale.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
What are they gettin ready for is the question. I am all about supporting our Military but taking that much of the industry is not good, Makes it to hard for the little guy to get anything without spending a weeks pay for ammo ..Just a thought

:artist1:

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Technically not infringing on the 2nd ammendment, no new gun laws, pretty much invisable. In the end we get screwed.

skinny2224

Yeah, it sucks getting stocked up on weaponry and then having nothing to load into them. I never knew the government order priorities. No wonder websites and stores have cob webs on the shelves. Does anyone know if the government orders are one large one, or reoccurring orders after ones are fulfilled?

Members online

No members online now.