Naming your rifles

Bluez

Full Access Member
I only name my premium rifles (not handgun or entry level rifles)

My Sig 516 FDE is "Trauerklinge" (German for Mournblade from Elric of Melnibone Fantasy Saga)
And my LWRC 14.7 inch pinned ceracote is "Stormbringer" (from same)
And my LWRC 16.1 inch is "Deathdealer" (from another fantasy reference)

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Hehe, a buddy who served in Afganistan had "Strombringer" written on the side of his 240 Bravo.:happy107:
(off topic- the Elric sagas would make awesome movies)

I call my DR200 "Blackwand"

Another friend has a 7mm Mag Sendero that we refer to as "Gotte von Donner" = God of Thunder

Bluez

Full Access Member
Another friend has a 7mm Mag Sendero that we refer to as "Gotte von Donner" = God of Thunder

Jo: If you wan to to say "God of Thunder" in German the best (and more proper) way to say it, is "Donnergott".

or you can also say "Donar" which is the specific German name for Thor in the ancient religion they shared with the Scandinavians (with whom they used to be one people when in ancient times all of them where called "Germans" by their neighbors.)

ninja man

Full Access Member
one is "shop gun" another is "home gun" and the rest the wife doesnt know about yet, i will call "the reason i got a divorce"

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
I don't name any of my stuff come to think of it, I don't see anything wrong with the practice I just don't for whatever reason.

oppo

Full Access Member
I have never really named any of them but I have referred to the '06 as old faithful.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Thanks for the tips Palmer, we just used the direct translation....Ich spreche nicht sehr gut Deutsch:Frustrated:
I never did speak much German, and since my father passed it has mostly been forgotten from lack of use.

Speaking of Thor, I called my old Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .44mag "Mjollnr"

My sporterized Swedish Mauser that I use for deer/coyote is referred to simply as "the Swede." While my vintage 1896 Swedish Mauser is mostly called "the 96"

Members online

No members online now.