Need help picking a knife

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Refuse to buy Chinese, don't want assisted opening because I'm tired of replacing springs, has to be a folder, preferably around 4" or less closed, but not micro-knives, and a good grade of steel. I am pretty rough on my stuff. I have a $50 gift card to Cabela's, so that would help if they offered it, but not a deal breaker. Thanks in advance for your help, as I'm not a knife aficionado.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Johnny Cochran is done gone, OJ is locked up in FL I think, so maybe locate Robert Shapiro and see what to get. I'd imagine OJ confessed to him by now.

Just whatever you get, get a pair of gloves 2 sizes to small to go along with it, and you're golden. You'll get by with anything, cuz if they don't fit, you must acquit !!!

STF

Full Access Member
MooreMaker.com

5100LLcomp.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yikes, I didn't realize I forgot to post one I had that fits your description. I don't use knives alot, so I can't say how rugged it is as far as being hard on it. I have what I think is the old model of this one. I like the one hand opening, and pretty sure it's not assisted. Made in USA and the blade seems to stay sharp. Also not sure if Cabelas stocks Kershaw brand.
New Kershaw 1740 Ener G Folding Knife One Handed Opening Stainless Pocket Folder | eBay

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Cold Steel, cant lookup link now just google it. I have several.. I also have few gerbers that are fairly cheap but quality is good....:killer:

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
What price range you looking at? Also what style blade do you like? Plain edge or serrated, spear point, tanto, drop point, kukri, etc?

Full Access Member
Here are a few from my collection,The sog is my daily carry.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Buck knives are made in the U.S. The Model 110 has been a tried and true knife for many years. Comes in a variety of styles.
Buck110s.jpg

Full Access Member
I think they first came out with the 110 in '64. It's the knife that put Buck on the map.

Yep,They make some nice stuff.I lived down the road from them in Santee,Ca. Then they moved out of state a couple of years ago.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I think they first came out with the 110 in '64. It's the knife that put Buck on the map.
I just ordered this set.
3069_1_.jpg

I have the fixed blade, but did not pick it up as a set with the gut hook/seatbelt/rope cutter. I really only use it for cleaning deer, and it has done a good job. It has a nice feel in your hands.

Thanks,I like it because it is very light.How do you like the mini.

I like it a lot. I'm about to write my review on it, I'll link it here.

Members online

No members online now.