Point shooting

oppo

Full Access Member
What are your thoughts? Is it something you practice?

Obviously, taking careful aim using your handgun's sights would be ideal for the best accuracy but life doesn't always work that way. What if it is too dark? What if you don't have time? My opinion is to hope for the best and expect the worst. Obviously misses are of little or no good but a fast hit vs a slow one could make all the difference.

ViperJeff

Administrator
One of the things I plan on practicing in the coming months. I agree that if that time ever came, taking time to sight in will not be an option

Arckadian

I have been working on my draw and fire when I get the chance, but I have only done so with an unloaded weapon first. but after I finish work on my draw just being able to point the weapon in the right direction and be able to hit my target will come next. Sighting is definately something that concerns me at least..... at home, at work, just going out for a stroll... if you miss what else are you hitting? o_O

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Point shooting should be practiced by all... especially if you carry.

Your NPA (Natural Point of Aim) is pretty accurate out to about 10 meters, even more if you practice regularly.

I am still talking about bringing the gun out to NPA with a 2 handed grip, not the aim from the hip stuff.

oppo, you talk about misses being of little of no use... they can be devastating in a court of law! If you miss the BG and hit someone's property, or someone... it could easily be one of the costliest mistakes in your life!

Practice, practice, practice... then practice some more!

oppo

Full Access Member
I have been working on my draw and fire when I get the chance, but I have only done so with an unloaded weapon first. but after I finish work on my draw just being able to point the weapon in the right direction and be able to hit my target will come next. Sighting is definately something that concerns me at least..... at home, at work, just going out for a stroll... if you miss what else are you hitting? o_O

Everything in life is situationally dependant. In some situations even a good hit to the threat could result in an innocent behind them being hit. Not to change the subject but this is one of the reasons I think concealed carry is advantagous. It might allow you enough time to get a clearer shot. This is also a very important reason to practice, not only to get better but to know what you can and can't do.

oppo

Full Access Member
Point shooting should be practiced by all... especially if you carry.

Your NPA (Natural Point of Aim) is pretty accurate out to about 10 meters, even more if you practice regularly.

I am still talking about bringing the gun out to NPA with a 2 handed grip, not the aim from the hip stuff.

oppo, you talk about misses being of little of no use... they can be devastating in a court of law! If you miss the BG and hit someone's property, or someone... it could easily be one of the costliest mistakes in your life!

Practice, practice, practice... then practice some more!
Absolutely and the same can be said of a hit since most defensive rounds will easily overpenetrate a human torso.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts