quick access gun lock.

STF

Full Access Member
OK, so I keep an 870 shotgun next to my bed loaded for home defense....

Problem is my young nephew is very interested in guns and has been hanging out at the house a lot lately. For now I'v just resorted to locking it in the safe when he's there.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a trigger lock type device that worked off a finger print like on the new iphones?

Any real world suggestions?

Max

Full Access Member
Don't know such a thing, but a friend of mine is in Texas for one year (he's still at school), and his guest-father just attaches a padlock to the trigger guard to block the trigger, so that no shot can be fired.
Maybe thats a solution.

Max

STF

Full Access Member
I already don't keep a round in the chamber so at least you'd have to know to pump it before it's hot.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
This is kinda cool but on the expensive side.
The key and combo trigger guards could be a bit difficult to use in the dark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Chil...e-Pistol-Rifles-Pistols-Firearm-/161200486993
$_3.JPG

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Shotguns as well as many other long guns can fire if dropped or fall over. I was on the receiving end of an Ithaca pump that feel over.

STF

Full Access Member
I ended up ordering one of these yesterday. Not really what I want but better than nothing.

GVBV-01_1.jpg

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I'll see if I can find it but I saw a case that sounds like it would work. Narrow upright metal long gun cabinet with a simplex lock. It might have been V-line

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts