Recommandation for Home Protection

J-Jones

hi guys,

yesterday, i went to a gunstore, to see those guns in real and have it in my hands. they told me that at the moment its hard to get a remington in switzerland (problems with the suppliers, i dont know the exact details). anyway, i will get a mossberg 590 mariner:

http://cdn.atlantictactical.com/images/uploads/p_mossberg_50299Mariner.jpg

im a bit confused because there is not a real sight on the gun. can you tell me if this is a problem to aim with it (especially for a newbie like me :D)?

thanks for your help

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
They have a "Bead" sight at the end of the barrel. Shotguns are also known as Scatter Guns since they throw out a pattern of lead. It's not as critical to aim them as a rifle. If you have it pointing at a target (center mass) them you should be able to hit it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Get some low recoil rounds and practice. Then work up to high brass oo buck. Should be good to go.

J-Jones

great, thanks! im looking forward to get mine, but im still waiting for the permission of the state... will take about 3-4 weeks.

J-Jones

hi guys,

i got 1 more question for you guys:

i've read alot about the different ammo types for shotguns, but im still not sure, which will me the best one for me in a home defense situation. im thinking about birdshot or buckshot. the maximum distance will be about 15 feet, and i think "overpenetration" shoudnt be a problem here. i got stone walls (4.33071 inches), and i guess even buckshot wont penetrate a stonewall in this size?

what about the recoil of these 2 ammo types?

thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.