Review: Ten X Ring 38SPC, 130 gr +P

Bluez

Full Access Member
Finally shot this Ammo.Had it for a few months but dont shoot revolvers as often anymore.

Used my GP100 to get somoene who hadn't shot in decades back into shooting before I transitioned him into more complex firearms.
Which is the exact mission I buy 38 SPC for theese days.

Am very happy with it.
Despite being an economy round not a single malfunction in 250 rounds. :)
I was shooting at short distances so cannot vouch for accuracy but did not detect any issues.

Also its a +P so it makes a satisfying "thunk" on the steel plates.

As its FMJ some may say it should always be just a training round..

But i can imagine when the chips are down and I am on handguns and out of 9mm and .357 Magnum that this ammo would serve just fine being a +P, dont remember what price I paid but it was good and there seemed to be no premium on price for being +p.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
But i can imagine when the chips are down and I am on handguns and out of 9mm and .357 Magnum that this ammo would serve just fine being a +P, dont remember what price I paid but it was good and there seemed to be no premium on price for being +p.

When the chips are down, any crap I can put in the gun and send downrange is just fine. Hope to never see that day but if it comes, Tula, Russian steel case, Thunderbolt, whatever goes pew pew, I'll use. :shooter:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Yes for this reason I especially like that it is +P even though it is "only" training ammo.

Also I realized I need to add a couple things.
This Ammo seemed to be perfectly macthed to my sights on the 3 inch GP100.
Often I find myself looking at low impact w/ 38 SPC> but not with this ammo.

Also now that I had some more time to think about it, I did do a couple of cylinders at maybe approx 20 or even 25 yards (didn't measure it) and it hit a pretty small steel target (3 inches) every single shot.
So accuracy was quite good.

Will definitely buy again.

oppo

Full Access Member
Also now that I had some more time to think about it, I did do a couple of cylinders at maybe approx 20 or even 25 yards (didn't measure it) and it hit a pretty small steel target (3 inches) every single shot.
So accuracy was quite good.

That is good shooting :waytogo:

I definitely prefer "premium" ammo for social work but ultimately, at least in my opinion, it is unlikely that the ammo will determine survival in a conflict. It seems thugs don't like getting shot with anything and getting shots on target is what it is all about.

Also, I have seen deer that weigh less than a man run an awful long way when they where hit poorly buy a 7 mag, 300 mag, 30-06, etc. and I have dropped them in their tracks with a 22-250 so it seems it really is all about shot placement.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I saw a video of a guy committing suicide. He shot himself point blank in the chest. It took surprising long for him to finally drop. It's not like in the movies where a guy gets shot and it's immediately "Lights out". I think those instances are fairly rare unless it's a head shot.

oppo

Full Access Member
I saw a video of a guy committing suicide. He shot himself point blank in the chest. It took surprising long for him to finally drop. It's not like in the movies where a guy gets shot and it's immediately "Lights out". I think those instances are fairly rare unless it's a head shot.

With handguns, this is absolutely true. If the brain can function and send signals to the body, the body can still function. It takes massive blood loss or a shock to the central nervous system to shut off the lights. It is nothing like hollywood.

Now, once you start getting up into relatively high powered rifles with rapidly expanding bullets, things change considerably. With good shot placement, those can be light switches.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts