San bernardino female shooter pledged allegiance to isis, us official says

kwo51

Full Access Member
Dyslexic's untie. Where did the ar 's come from ?????? We will be surprised when we find out. FBI will hide that info I suspect.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
On the news this evening they said that the AR's were bought by somebody else and they know their location. They further added how the AR's were made more lethal by being modified to take detachable magazines. It was at that point I started yelling at the TV. In their opinion, having detachable magazines makes a gun more lethal?

Oh, and by the way, didn't the "arsenal" of guns and ammo show .223 on stripper clips?
Why yes, yes they did.
HT_ammo_bag_bc_151203_4x3_992.jpg

But they did have extra mags as well. What are these? 20 rounders?

HT_ammo_belt_bc_151203_4x3_992.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
Something fishy about the story. Ammo on clips , fast mag reload (not) extra mags on person ,either these people were really stupid or there is more to it. Ar's were cal compliant and required tool to remove mag. BS detector on. Who killed JFK ?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What I read was that when the AR's were purchased they were Cali compliant and didn't have detachable magazine. They modified these guns to accept detachable magazines which made them illegal.

Don't worry, they'll come up with another law to enforce the existing law that criminals will continue to ignore.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Having loaded many m14 and m16 mags with stripper clips I really can't see how a my mag that can't be removed from gun can be loaded. Must have a special 90 degree speed loader.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The Cali Ar's mags can be detached. It's just not as easily done as a non Cali AR. It requires a tool or the point of another bullet to release it. It's called the "Bullet Button". Some folks have made a magnetized cover that stay on the bullet button that make it function almost like a conventional mag release. I'm not sure but I think these terrorist may have completely replaced the bullet button with a regular AR release. Which is highly illegal in Cali.

Do the Cali AR's have a stripper clip slot similar to a SKS?

TheOl55

Full Access Member
No. You have to use a "Spoon" with a stipper clip on any mag. You would be better off to use a speed loader that you can buy for under $50. Or since your going to use illegal mags anyway you might as well by 40 or 50 (or more) of them and pre-load because I know I'm not going to think about picking them up and reloading in the middle of a fire fight when they come knocking on my door...

Preparedness.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.