Semi-automatic rifles, automatic assault rifles - question

kwo51

Full Access Member
Ban sex . gone from meddling to preaching. IQ test before reproducing. Why is the crime in Chicago black on black?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
We never compromised on true assault rifles - Miller didn't show up to court, and the US Govt attorney was able to present his side of the story with no opposing views, otherwise NFA of '34 would likely have died on the spot, and we wouldn't be having these national "discussion". We the people didn't compromise - the government compromised for us.
When someone asks, "why do you NEED a rifle like that", I can answer, "why do you feel the need to control what I own? "
I have had this discussion with several anti's at work, and I have so far won one over to my side, and given up on another who fights with emotion, and throws out any logic that doesn't suit him.
Logic - disarmed people will still attack children, as seen in China with mass stabbings of kindergarten age children.
Answer - That doesn't matter, nobody cares about China.
Logic - Over 500 children are killed by gunfire every year in America. Well over 4,000 die every year from accidental drownings. Do you support a ban on swimming pools?
Answer - That doesn't matter, we're talking about guns, not swimming pools, don't try to confuse the issue.
Logic - The Center for Disease Control, National Research Council and the National Institute of Justice stated the old AWB had absolutely no discernible impact on crime whatsoever, and the ONLY people affected were law abiding gun owners. Criminals, by definition, break the laws, and if they are willing to break the laws on armed robbery, rape and murder, a gun charge bothers them not one whit.
Answer - That doesn't matter, because I feel threatened by your rifle, just because you have one, and you should get rid of it so I can feel better.

No.

I have zero need to define "need" to anyone who believes they can ask me intrusive questions about my personal possessions, no more than I require anyone to explain why they "need" something so demonstrably dangerous as a home swimming pool, or a fast car, or steak knives, or any other legal product they choose to own.

The trend in the states shows quite clearly that this is a manufactured "crisis", as the trends have been towards freedom, evinced by Constitutional Carry laws being enacted in 5 states already, when 30 years ago it was 1 state with Constitutional Carry, and CCW was a dream for most.

Last "answer", as it's been stated that so called "assault rifles" aren't useful for hunting. Wrong again. Here in AZ we repealed the magazine limit for hunting, so this rifle,

travelcompanion.jpg

...will be a coyote hunting rifle. Cower in fear - those are 30 round magazines! Yes, and I will use them while hunting, first because nobody MAKES a magazine smaller than 30 in the US, and second, because that's what the rifle was made to use. It also doubles as a home defense rifle, and is a heck of a lot of fun at the range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-WD_pkAx9s

Here is a shotgun that gives Feinstien the collywobbles, being semi-auto, has a collapsible stock and a magazine greater than 5.

712bunnybuster.jpg

OK, the magazine was an oops - I had no idea it was going to stick out that far when I ordered it like that. :) The stock is a four position adjustable length deal so my wife and son can also use it, and guess what - I was rabbit hunting with it that day. Legally.

When I hear talk of, "let's compromise, or we'll lose everything", well, that's just defeatist talk. Let's DO a leftists style compromise, the one where one side loses something and the other side gains?
We'll repeal NFA of '34 and GCA of '68, and they can keep manual typewriters only. Sounds stupid? Look at the way they word "compromise", and you will see it is EXACTLY what they offer, and "we win, you lose" deal.

If you want to buy rifles that have only five round magazines, move to Canada - they "compromised".

Could not have done a better job than u did my friend, Hats off 2 ya that post took alot of your time and I was intreged by it:shooter:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Well, I have honestly put this off for many reasons but I want to flip my quarters against the wall.
I have seen it written here and I tell my children every week I leave, you cannot use rationale on the irrational, you cannot be logical to the stupids, they just don't get it.

I was going at first with the route that I didn't need it, then I remembered where I live and how easy it would be for us to basically be cut off from the "real" cities. With the work I do now and the former first responder life I used to live, I began to think of the "need" factor vs the "want" factor. With in a 100 mile radius of my house is 2 TS nuclear facilities, 2 Army ammo plants, a NASCAR track that 2 times year becomes the 3rd largest city in TN and at least 4 chemical facilities that could make a haz-mat tech soil his ty-vek suite! I have seen backwoods anarchy-crazy before, I know what kind of people want to close the doors of most of these places - by any means necessary.

I keep my locked up - so home defense isn't the reason, there are too many other accessible pieces for that. I do however, know that with many of the local municipalities having fiscal issues and services being looked at, the need for a sit-rep with friends and family may be more of a must than not.

I may not be making the most rational thought but for me, it really boils down to my eagle scout, country boy raising - When SHTF have toilet paper! Quote me on that.
Politically, they dont care (the commies) they will do as much as we allow them to get by with.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Well, I have honestly put this off for many reasons but I want to flip my quarters against the wall.
I have seen it written here and I tell my children every week I leave, you cannot use rationale on the irrational, you cannot be logical to the stupids, they just don't get it.

I was going at first with the route that I didn't need it, then I remembered where I live and how easy it would be for us to basically be cut off from the "real" cities. With the work I do now and the former first responder life I used to live, I began to think of the "need" factor vs the "want" factor. With in a 100 mile radius of my house is 2 TS nuclear facilities, 2 Army ammo plants, a NASCAR track that 2 times year becomes the 3rd largest city in TN and at least 4 chemical facilities that could make a haz-mat tech soil his ty-vek suite! I have seen backwoods anarchy-crazy before, I know what kind of people want to close the doors of most of these places - by any means necessary.

I keep my locked up - so home defense isn't the reason, there are too many other accessible pieces for that. I do however, know that with many of the local municipalities having fiscal issues and services being looked at, the need for a sit-rep with friends and family may be more of a must than not.

I may not be making the most rational thought but for me, it really boils down to my eagle scout, country boy raising - When SHTF have toilet paper! Quote me on that.
Politically, they dont care (the commies) they will do as much as we allow them to get by with.

No, they don't care !! But, when you only choice of 2 usually, you have a choice to vote for evil or eviler. Or, could use dumb or dumber. But yep, we do get to choose don't we?

attachment.php

Attachments

• AmericanAshGov.jpg
    AmericanAshGov.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 69

fyredawg

The rifle is a better tool, hands down then a hand gun.

It's been said never bring a hand gun to a gun fight.

There is only one reason we use handguns and that's because they are convenient, they are small, light weight and you can conceal them on a human. One would look silly with an AK47 under the shirt.

No one knows what the future holds. A case like Katrina is a perfect example. Something like that happens, you're on your own.

I would want to defend with the better tool and that's the rifle. It's easier to aim because its mounted to a shoulder, shoots a more powerful bullet, has reduced recoil and can cover a greater distance.

I read somewhere maybe a quote from a Montana man..that your only use for your handgun is to fight your way back to your rifle...or something to that effect. :D

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Our right to bear arms is our only defense against a tyrannical government.

Let's not forget that without guns in the hands of the American people, we would all be speaking Japanese.

I think there should be a belt fed in every house:head3:

SWSS

Full Access Member
No, they don't care !! But, when you only choice of 2 usually, you have a choice to vote for evil or eviler. Or, could use dumb or dumber. But yep, we do get to choose don't we?

attachment.php
that is why I asked on another thread how many get involved other than paying membership dues....

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

Bristol Tennesee (NASCAR), I will be there next year maybe we can get together... I feel you as a first responder, You go in when everyone else is running out.... I feel that EMTs,Firefighters, Search and rescue should all be Open carry for that reason alone.... Concealed 27

oppo

Full Access Member
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAH9meIY0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
There they go again calling it an assault rifle. Sounds to me that in this case it was a defense rifle. Good going kid.

mopower318

I will start out by saying that I could pick that word need apart in an argument from sun up to sun down. But I will say that assault rifle could be the adjective for any weapon that I feel like doing the assailing with... It could be my rem 597 in 22lr and nobody normally would call that an assault weapon as they're normally used. But I believe that this problem goes back to the ppl. Lets look at it like this the majority of us must be ignorant, slow, or still suckling. Hell we got Obama back in office that alone should speak volumes. But why should police need semi automatic hand guns when surely they could use revolvers. Why does the military have vehicles surely they could use horses.( sorry said I wouldn't pick on "need" but it's just so easy). I say I need my weapons no matter how they look to everybody else. If you want me to dispatch that deer I just wounded quickly that follow up round can't come too soon(that's just making a point I do believe in one shot one kill). Maybe I don't wanna have to charge my weapon every time I fire maybe I want to watch for the splash or hit and maybe, just maybe I feel like I should be able to protect me and mine from whatever may come.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Maybe just maybe the local youth 4H ( bloods or crips) comes by to help them selves to my family. The government is not talking on a logical note. All they want is control of us and can't get it if we are armed. PLAN and SIMPLE.

Fastfood

Need is as need does! I want an ar-15! I would rather have and not need than need and not have! So if shit does not hit the fan I have a fun range item, if shit does hits the fan it will be their shit from where I blow their ass off.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Need is as need does! I want an ar-15! I would rather have and not need than need and not have! So if shit does not hit the fan I have a fun range item, if shit does hits the fan it will be their shit from where I blow their ass off.

Well Said !!! I settled for an AK-47 and 2 SKS's cuz of being cheaper. At the time, I was able to get my SAR1 AK-47 and 2 SKS's for the price of one AR-15, and I also liked the 7.62x39 round better than the .223. The .223 has me beat on accuracy, and for a longer range too, but that's it.
I'm satisfied being able to hit a grapefruit at 300yards vs a Tennis ball at 300 yards. If it's further than 300 yards away, then it's probably not a threat to me anyway. That was my analagy anyway.

But I still want an AR-15 !!! :rofl:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts