Senator Dianne Feinstein says she'll reintroduce assault weapon legislation

ViperJeff

Administrator
"Dianne Feinstein announced Wednesday that she’s re-entering the battle over gun control during her keynote speech to the California delegates to the Democratic National Convention."

At the delegates' breakfast, she said that, "Weapons of war do not belong on our streets, in our classrooms, in our schools or in our movie theatres."

I was reading down through the comments (as I usually do) just to see what the populous is thinking, I ran across this (no, not me)

viper

Weapons of war do not belong on our streets.

Thank you, I'm tired of tanks, missiles, and rocket launchers just littering the streets. I can't even find a place to park anymore...

So what exactly is a Weapon of War?

I also have a question for the Senator from the Great State of California.

Why are you wagging a campaign against a thing? Wouldn't it be better served to put your efforts to work against the people who could care less about your constituents freedoms and well being. Gang activity should be viewed as terrorism and treated accordingly. Violent offenders should be punished not let go because there's no room at the gray bar motel. There needs to be real consequences for those that break the law not harassing those that choose to live a lawful life and chose to be an active participant in there own safety and their families safety.

So instead of banning a thing, why don't you just ban criminal acts... there done, we are all safe now

Vj

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Depends on who you ask as to what's a "Weapon of War" is. To you me most common folks, a weapon of war is a tank, C-130, F-16,18, Aircraft carrier etc. To the sniveling liberals, a spit ball shooter causes them to wet themselves.

Arckadian

It also depends on how far back you want to go. In the olden days a weapon of war was a sword, or a bow or a knife. There are those people that do not make that distinction between current weapons and old weapons. Anything that can take a life is a bad thing in there eyes.

Now my problem is that if you look at it in that context well..... cars should be banned.... people fists should be banned (along with feet). Even if the Liberals managed to ban one type of weapon that does not close the door for people to use the weapons that they were born with.

I think those people that feel a weapon is something inanimate need to have their heads examined. But then again if they were sane people they would have the brains to understand that a weapon of ANY kind will not just jump up and kill someone without help from a human. By themselves they are just tools not instruments of death on their own.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Now my problem is that if you look at it in that context well..... cars should be banned.... people fists should be banned (along with feet). Even if the Liberals managed to ban one type of weapon that does not close the door for people to use the weapons that they were born with.

I think those people that feel a weapon is something inanimate need to have their heads examined. But then again if they were sane people they would have the brains to understand that a weapon of ANY kind will not just jump up and kill someone without help from a human. By themselves they are just tools not instruments of death on their own.
You could go on and on. A hammer, baseball bat, a rock all can and have been used as weapons. But they are taking it to the point of ridiculousness. Kids can't even make a shape of a gun with their hands anymore. Example: 3 year old deaf kid named Hunter. They want him to change the way he signs his name because it uses a gun shape. Where to we draw the line of woosiness?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/hunter-spanjer-3-year-old_n_1836159.html

It's all about trying to teach the children that guns are bad. They'll have less resistance to gun confiscation.

Arckadian

That is my point exactly. People are freaking out because of all this nonsense these people are spewing. I just dont understand what is going through their heads when they talk about this stuff. If they dont want to have their kids use weapons or have anything to do with them well that is their choice. If they want to teach those same kids how to use them safely then again that is their choice, but that is not what is going on. They are attacking weapons as though it is the weapons fault and not the human who is wielding it.

I think that eventually they need to stop and think about what they are doing. People complain about the nonsense that happens at the Airports now days and these people against weapons are not helping any cause I feel that they are just as crazy. And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY that training is key. I know some people that think Gun saftey should be taught in schools.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That is my point exactly. People are freaking out because of all this nonsense these people are spewing. I just dont understand what is going through their heads when they talk about this stuff. If they dont want to have their kids use weapons or have anything to do with them well that is their choice. If they want to teach those same kids how to use them safely then again that is their choice, but that is not what is going on. They are attacking weapons as though it is the weapons fault and not the human who is wielding it.

I think that eventually they need to stop and think about what they are doing. People complain about the nonsense that happens at the Airports now days and these people against weapons are not helping any cause I feel that they are just as crazy. And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY that training is key. I know some people that think Gun saftey should be taught in schools.

You got to remember their ultimate goal is to not have any guns at all. Like the UK. So they start with them young. Teaching them that making a gun shape with their hand is bad. It may not be in our lifetime (hopefully) but eventually the only ones that can hold a firearm will be the ones in control (police, military etc.). Just think how much easier it will be for them to tell us what to do.

Arckadian

Well if they eventually ban guns I hope I am LONG dead so I can roll in my grave over the stupidity of that choice. But you never know... they may wise up and realize that if they take the guns from the honest folk that the only people that will have the guns will be the criminals and then the honest folk will be running for their lives.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Well if they eventually ban guns I hope I am LONG dead so I can roll in my grave over the stupidity of that choice. But you never know... they may wise up and realize that if they take the guns from the honest folk that the only people that will have the guns will be the criminals and then the honest folk will be running for their lives.

You have more faith than I do.

Arckadian

Oh its not faith its hope that the idiots dont eventually rule the world and my offspring have to deal with them.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Can you imagine to poor guy that walks into the unemployment line and they guy behind the counter, looks at him and says... "Son, I got a job for you today", you'll be going door to door to pickup guns that have been banned

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Can you imagine to poor guy that walks into the unemployment line and they guy behind the counter, looks at him and says... "Son, I got a job for you today", you'll be going door to door to pickup guns that have been banned

That's going to be a short lived job. They'll be getting a new guy for the next day.

kwo51

Full Access Member
One wears a crossbreed and the other wears a belt clip. Also skate board tape so I can do press check with 27.I don't treat them like my safe queens.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
:banghead:I got some pics of mine coming soon...Jeff is tryin to work out WTF is going on... I emailed him to post for me, I have no wear at all on mine..........Im obsessed with cleaning............... G19

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.