Shotgun Picture Thread

car-ramrod

Looking at the tri stars. They have an semi auto and a semi auto/pump that can do both. I understand its Turkish but does anyone have one or any experience. Prices are really good and build felt solid when I handled it at academy

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nothing impressive here, other then being cheap.

Top one, I got for $60 off of a desperate drunk who needed beer money, and I honestly felt I was doing society a favor by getting it from him. It had some rust on the barrel he said from being left out in the dew on a camp trip. Cleaned that off with Hoppe's 9. Sold the wood furniture on eBay for $40, bought the black p grip and foreend off ebay for $28 and made it a home defense cheap gun I'd be willing to give up to the PD in the event something went down. Mossberg 500.

Next up, Mossberg 835 with 28in threaded barrel with Turkey Choke I bought brand new as it sits for Duck Hunting.

Next up, Mossberg 500C 20gu. Get this, A guy I know bought it one day to commit suicide with. No Joke !!! Knowing I have guns and what they'd do, he calls me up after he bought it brand new. Asked me if I knew for sure that a 20gu would kill him if he put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger. At first I kinda chuckled, and said a 12gu would be better, if you're gonna make a mess, do it right. He responded with, That's I was afraid of, that the 20gu might not do it, and I don't want to live all crippled up, I want it to work for sure. I then said, man, you're being fuggin serious aren't you? He said hell yes. I bought the cheapest shotgun they had in stock. I told him, dude, that won't work, let me come over, I'll bring my 12qu. :rofl: I got there and we'll go shoot some rounds and you can see the difference. He said OK. Stopped off and got a box of 100 12gu, told him to get a box of 100 20gu and he did. Talked about shit and his issues for an hour drive out to my dads place and I could tell he was calming down. I told him, man you just need to blow off some steam and no better way to do it than blow some shit the hell up. Got out there, he shot off the box of 25 rounds he first bought, I shot off 25 rounds. We sat and talked some more. Decided to go on home since it was an hour drive and getting late. Talked some more on the way home. Dropped him off at his house. I asked, you think you're going to be OK, or you want to come hang out at my house for a night? He said, No, I'm all good now, you're right, blowing some shit up helped and our talk did some good, but please keep all this to yourself, which I have. I suggested I take the gun to my house since I have a gun vault and he didn't. He said, I don't need that fuggin gun, give me $100 you can have it and the 100 box of shells. I said, I'll give you $100 so you have some cash (He bought the gun and shells on a Credit Card), I'll take the gun, but you can buy it back for the $100 when you're ready. That was about 5 years ago. He's still alive and doing well now. I still have the gun and about 50 rounds of the 100box. I've asked him if he wanted to go shooting and blow some shit up and shoot off the 100 box of shells. He's always declined. He don't want the gun, and he did end up filing bankruptcy on all his debt, so he's been debt free for about 4 years and I don't have to feel guilty about getting the gun and the 100 shells for $100. To this day he still does not own a firearm and has no desire too. Which is probably a good thing.

OK, sorry it turned into a long story, but I'm sure I probably saved a life that day, and got a cheap gun out of the deal. Oh, one more note, the reason he bought the 500C, I guess the C stands for Carbine or Child, he said he did that, so he could for sure reach the trigger. I think he was serious as a heart attack that day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shotguns.jpg
    Shotguns.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 114

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
LEFT TO RIGHT...........
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 Gauge converted to Tactical
Ithaca Deer Slayer 12 Gauge
Browning Citori Special Over/Under 12 Gauge
Remington SPR 310 Over/Under 20 Gauge
Browning Silver Hunter Semi Auto 12 Gauge
N.E.F.C Pardner Model 410
DSCN1479_zpsbd946f78.jpg

Nice looking collection.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nice, so where is the best place to get a Mossberg or Remington shotgun?

Academy has some good prices on the models they carry. Bass Pro seems a bit on the expensive side IMO.

I've also seen a few really nice deals on GunBroker. There was one in paticular that I really wanted but damn, I'm strapped on cash. They guy had several of them and he recently did go up on the price about $25 thinking if everyone else is gouging hand guns, he may as well get in on it too. Seems to me, they may have been overruns or extras to fill a PD order so he was selling them to the public. Moreless the home defense type looking Mossberg 500. I'll see if I can them and post one up.

79k10

just put the p grip on my mossberg... looks cool but after two boxes of shells at the range, my hand is a little sore. Think ill do the heat shield next, i like the look of it
D83D86D8-4062-4A14-A6DE-BA163C89EABD-6719-000004F35C478C67_zps69e26298.jpg

mossberg maverick 88 20'' 8shot

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
birdshead grip feels better on the ole wrist...

This may be true, BUT, lets not make a big issue of it. Diane Frankenstein want's to make a big issue of a pistol grip on a shotgun too.

So in the event her POS bills passes, let's let her have her pistol grip and keep the birdshead grip our secret. You know as in a loophole to get around the pistol grip modification.

556d1360774842-shotgun-picture-thread-mossbirdhead2.jpg

Attachments

• mossbirdhead2.jpg
    mossbirdhead2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 82

Full Access Member
just put the p grip on my mossberg... looks cool but after two boxes of shells at the range, my hand is a little sore. Think ill do the heat shield next, i like the look of it
D83D86D8-4062-4A14-A6DE-BA163C89EABD-6719-000004F35C478C67_zps69e26298.jpg

mossberg maverick 88 20'' 8shot

If your hand is getting sore,Then your not letting it rock.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
well i did go through about 50 shells so im sure that helped. lol

My hand has had enough after about 8 -10.

Do yourself a favor and buy you a Factory OEM take off for that thing. You can find them on ebay all the time. Just don't pay those gougers prices for one and be patient. Last one I got was $12 and $7 or $8 shipping.

Mossberg Buttstock Factory Black Synthetic Fits All Pump 12 Gauge Shotguns New | eBay

If much more than that, then I'd just go with an ATI adjustable.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Technology-International-Remington-Winchester/dp/B000OFQCWQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361219376&sr=8-3&keywords=ati+mossberg+500+stock]Amazon.com: Advanced Technology International Mossberg/Remington/Winchester Stock with Buttpad, 12/20-Gauge: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Academy has some good prices on the models they carry. Bass Pro seems a bit on the expensive side IMO.

I've also seen a few really nice deals on GunBroker. There was one in paticular that I really wanted but damn, I'm strapped on cash. They guy had several of them and he recently did go up on the price about $25 thinking if everyone else is gouging hand guns, he may as well get in on it too. Seems to me, they may have been overruns or extras to fill a PD order so he was selling them to the public. Moreless the home defense type looking Mossberg 500. I'll see if I can them and post one up.

I'm still looking so the wife said go get it and you know when the wife say go get it I want to get it before she change her mind. My birthday is March 8th so by then I want to have it.

Jamal

here's mine...I don't hunt, these are just to shoot around with.

Pardner on bottom, Pardner Protector on top. I have since swapped the pistol grip and put it on the shorty.

I've had them for 3 months and finally got to shoot them. Put about 125 rounds apiece through them, shooting clay pigeons. I'm pretty decent with the long gun on pigeons. I've only shot trap 5 times in the last 2 years, and I usually shoot about 75%. Did about the same with long gun, but I impressed myself with the shorty. I thought I would wouldn't hit anything with it, but I went 21 for 25. We were also shooting grapefruit and bowling ball size pumpkins (you know, approx. human head size :)) and I was pretty surgical with it.
Now shooting with my .40 cal SW40VE - that's a different story. I can't hardly hit center mast with a pistol.
Regardless - someone breaks into my house (or the zombies attack), and I have my shorty, I'm putting the hurt on someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts