So What Are Your Thoughts on the Ukrain/Russian Situation?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Like the title says.

Do we get involved?

Do we sit this out?

Does BHO have egg on his face?

Were Romney and Palin right with their predictions?

Is Putin flipping BHO the bird?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I think the Russians have to take care of their own sandbox. They know all we will talk tough and maybe propose sanctions, which will do nothing.

As usual, the UN with say the same old same old. "Stop or I will say "stop" again."

Quite frankly we have our own problems to take care of.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
DfWbNgP.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
USSR will control lots more oil if it takes ukrain back. The UN will talk BS because it is us .Ostupid is a paper tiger and putin knows it. We are a third world country because of our leaders. Might see some mercs going in soon. We will be the last to know.

Bluez

Full Access Member
““Within Russia, the popular pressure on Putin will not be for restraint, but for action. His stance reflects a domestic consensus that, while Ukraine may be independent, its natural place is within Russia’s orbit and Moscow cannot just stand by while the West conspires to snatch it away. “Who lost Ukraine?” is a question that has real potential to erode Putin’s power.
Which is why, more remarkable than Putin’s current threat to use force was the relative calm with which he initially responded to the Kiev protests and the collapse of the Ukrainian administration. He even sent an envoy to join the EU foreign ministers brokering a deal between Yanukovych and the opposition, and looked ready to accept the outcome.
It was when that deal collapsed, violence broke out, and the conflict spread, that Putin started to play hardball. And he did so in a way, it is worth noting, that carefully mirrored certain Western practice: a limited and deniable show of force (in Crimea); a vote in Parliament, and reference to a “responsibility to protect” an endangered population.”

Ukraine crisis: Nato

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Yeah, we (the U.S.) kind of lost our footing on the moral high ground when we invaded Iraq. Now it's pretty hard to keep a straight face when chastising another country for doing exactly what we have done in the recent past.
It only matters because it is Europe. And it is our old nemesis of Russia (still wearing the tattered cloak of the USSR)

Putin knows that the UN lacks any real motivation to do anything but talk. Putin has a lot of support in Russia, probably a fair amount of support in the Ukraine as well. He is ex-KGB, an old dog of the Soviet system; he knows how to spin, what to say to keep everyone just a little off balance.

We will go through the motions of opposing the move, talk tough, maybe impose sanctions, trade rhetoric, and keep up appearances until it blows over or the American public losses interest and moves on to the next news story.
Republicans will take whatever stance opposes the president. Democrats will fall in line with the administration...
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Putin as ex KGB should be shaking in his commie boots of our ex community organizer. Snort....I just made iced tea come out my nose.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
f_kerry_square3_140304.nbcnews-video-reststate-960.jpg

"Be assured you have the full support of the American government..for we have started to boycott
Russian vodka and will continue to call Mr. Putin some bad names".

"Lady comrade..is this one of the Three Stooges?".

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
f_kerry_square3_140304.nbcnews-video-reststate-960.jpg

"Be assured you have the full support of the American government..for we have started to boycott
Russian vodka and will continue to call Mr. Putin some bad names".

"Lady comrade..is this one of the Three Stooges?".

"No.....I think it might be Herman Munster".

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If I remember correctly....it's One Billion in guaranteed loans or something like that. I could be wrong but I think that's what I heard.

priell3

Full Access Member
Obama is as scary as a neutered slug.

Palin and Romney were right. MSM will never admit it.

I'm glad I added to my ammo stockpile.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Guaranteed loan and if they default the us will pay it ,like all the other loans or leaders have make.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
50275.jpg

"Rest assured I am only doing this to protect Russian interest in the region...
if you don't believe me then go screw yourself".

Vladimir Putin

Members online

No members online now.