So What Did You Do Today?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'll start out with yesterday.

I went with my Brother-in-law to Charlotte to pick up a '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme. You can see in the picture this place was like a candy store. They have over 180 classic cars and trucks. I found a primo '69 Chevy Camaro 396 for only $52K. I talked to Santa but I don't think it helped.

We drove his Suburban with a 26' enclosed trailer behind it. It rained on and off on the trip over. And downright poured on the trip back (the whole way). Made it very interesting when the semi rigs passed us. For some reason he asked me drive most of the way. Here's what we picked up.
OldsCutlass.jpg

Today I'm still recuperating but I did manage to get out and remove the old window tint off my Dodge Ram. Hey! I can actually see through the glass now. Did some shopping with my wife and made some donations hopefully to make some kids feel special come Christmas morning. That by itself made it a good weekend.

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Yesterday I drove the boys down to Kenosha for a hockey game (they lost). Stopped at Cabelas on the way home and came back with reloading equipment. Spent that evening at our home hockey rink, and drank some beer.

Today my sons team hosted a Milwaukee team and we won both games. Got back just in time to watch the Packers suck ass for the first half, then pull off a win in the end. All in all........typical winter weekend. Drive the boys all over the state, and watch football.

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Attended a couple of Christmas Cantatas. Had lunch with the in law family, then dinner with mom and dad...preparing for the internment service and memorial service for mil tomorrow night....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't get invited to too many Christmas parties. Since I'm self employed there's no company party to attend. And my friends list is limited. Just as well. I'm not the social butterfly I once was.

Hope your mils service goes well. Again, sorry for you and your families loss.

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
AMEN to the above. tough time of the year to have to go through something like that on top of it.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i worked today.

but i did get time to do a couple mods to my truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Today was a Monday. Mondays are days when anything and everything that could possibly go wrong does. Set out to get two 12x12 doors installed today but only got one working. Why is it I always end up with the box full of wrong parts? Is this the first one of these doors they've put together. Are they using me as a guinea pig? Are there hidden cameras there to catch my reaction? Somebody stays up late at night trying to figure out how they can make my life difficult.

Things are getting better now. The pain meds are kicking in and I'm sitting back in my easy chair. Lets hope tomorrow goes a little smoother. And I know in the grand scheme of things, my day wasn't so bad. There are folks out there who have it a lot worse. Move along, nothing to see here.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I went out to dinner with my dad and his friend who's a gun collector.....we had a great conversation, he told me he just bought a ruger sr22 so when they dropped me off at home I invited him in to show him my toys...ended up giving him 100 rds of 22 LR for his new ruger and he was very happy. Always nice to help my family and friends. Since I gave him some ammo he's gonna take me shooting and I get get to shoot some of his very nice collection. I can't wait to shoot his colt single action army revolver, I have held his but never shot it, gonna be a blast I will video the time at range and post here for y'all........
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I went out to dinner with my dad and his friend who's a gun collector.....we had a great conversation, he told me he just bought a ruger sr22 so when they dropped me off at home I invited him in to show him my toys...ended up giving him 100 rds of 22 LR for his new ruger and he was very happy. Always nice to help my family and friends. Since I gave him some ammo he's gonna take me shooting and I get get to shoot some of his very nice collection. I can't wait to shoot his colt single action army revolver, I have held his but never shot it, gonna be a blast I will video the time at range and post here for y'all........
Concealed 27

You better.

USMC1188

I will chime in! Got up bright and early this morning, drove 2 hours to take my Ohio Peace Officer Certification Exam... When the results come back saying I passed, I will be certified in the state of Ohio to be a cop!

From there, I went to a facility where the security company I just got hired on by contracts with to be shown around. Went home for a couple hours and slept, and now I am stuck in a guard shack from midnight until 730am...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I will chime in! Got up bright and early this morning, drove 2 hours to take my Ohio Peace Officer Certification Exam... When the results come back saying I passed, I will be certified in the state of Ohio to be a cop!

From there, I went to a facility where the security company I just got hired on by contracts with to be shown around. Went home for a couple hours and slept, and now I am stuck in a guard shack from midnight until 730am...

Congratulations on the cert. I've spent some time in corporate security. Did that for about 5 years. Walking plant floors and checking offices. Use to work 4pm till midnight. Not bad hours for a single guy but it didn't leave much of a night life. Good luck with it.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I worked today. Repaired a customers garage door opener and then went to a body shop with 20 doors and did routine maintenance and repair. I'm beat. Must have been up and down that ladder 150 times. But it's Friday!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

Congrats, I'm from miamisburg Ohio, I miss it don't miss the snow, but I miss the way of life on the farm I own in Washington courthouse. Most people don't know about the small town but I love it. My family grew up there. I hope you get a Leo job,, you will love it I'm sure..
Concealed 27

USMC1188

Thanks guys, I am stoked to get started!

This private security job is just temporary. It pays the bills, and will look good on a resume. So far, I hate the hours. 2 nights in a row so far on midnight to 0730 away from my wife and 2 month old daughter. I know I will have to do the same thing as a LEO, but I feel that will be a bit different than sitting in a shack watching TV all night

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kwo51

Full Access Member
Many hours of pure boredom followed by heart wrenching pressure. Until you have some time in you will miss every holiday with your family.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got the Ariens snowblower fired up and ready to go for 6"+ of snow expected tomorrow.

I am both jealous of you getting snow tomorrow but also relieved that I don't have to go out in it. Suppose to hit 70 here tomorrow. I like the warm weather but it doesn't do much for the Christmas spirit. Stay warm.

Members online

No members online now.