So Whatcha Doin' Today?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Prayers sent for your wallet

Thanks, I'm really praying it's just a blown seal and I didn't do any damage continuing to drive it home. I really didn't have much of a choice. Did not want to leave all that equipment sitting along side a country road. Pretty good chance it wouldn't be there when I was able to get back to it.

But if it needs a new transmission, then I want the Hulk of transmissions in it. If I want to enter my truck into a tractor pull competition then the tranny should hold up. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Today I went running around like a chicken with it's head cut off as the saying goes. Tried to take care of a bunch of trouble calls that came in while I was doing the 5 door job. And without my main work truck I didn't have half the stuff I needed to get the jobs done on the first trip. So it was back and forth. Going to see what the problem was and then having to run back to the shop for supplies.

You'd be surprised how many men (I use the term loosely) can't tell you what size garage door they have. And won't even try to get a tape and measure it. So I have to throw a bunch of different springs on the truck and hope that I have the right ones to make their door balance properly. And that's not even getting into whether it's insulated or steel backed. All they care is that when they hit the button on the remote, the door goes up and down.

oppo

Full Access Member
Spending my last day in Odessa.
Tomorrow I have a DOT physical for my new job and fingerprints for my LTC and Saturday I will be taking the class for my Texas LTC to replace my current Virginia CHL. Then, next week I will be going to Omaha for orientation for the new job. After that, I will be home every night and get to crawl into my own bed next to my beautiful wife.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My wife and I were generously invited down to Kiawah Island for a couple days by her cousin and her husband. Done some fishing. Caught a small Red fish. Maybe 16". Our host has been catching them in the 30" + range. He really enjoys the fight and then releases them. He gets so excited landing one he gets the jitters.

We're coming back through and spending a couple days in Myrtle Beach. Suppose to be coming home to possible snow. Got a report that our DOT is putting down brine on the roads. Last time we did this we were chased home by hurricane Matthew. Can't figure out why us coming down here creates bad weather. But I'm willing to continue this meteorological experiment.

There's a nice restaurant down here called Cherrywood BBQ. We took them out for dinner and I got the sampler platter. Yummm it was good. Then we got takeout BBQ from another place on the island. It was very good too. On the way to Myrtle Beach we like to hit a place called Damons. You guessed it. They serve BBQ. And I'll enjoy every bite.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It's gotta be a prank. I don't know of a car that can produce the 1.21 gigawatts needed to power it unless the new Tesla can.

oppo

Full Access Member
Just finished my LTC class. I decided to take the GP100 to qualify with. I don't even remember the last time I shot it rapid fire. Not my best work but sadly it was easily the smallest group and one of only 2 perfect scores.

Members online

No members online now.