Studies cited by Feinstein to substantiate the AWB.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Ok, maybe it's just me, so I am putting this here for others to see. The following are links to Sen. Feinstein's website, and a random report that she has linked to (I assume) substantiate her Gun Ban proposal.

First, Her site. Specifically the page that involves the ban: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Next, the report from the University of Pennsylvania (Chosen at random).
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons
Skip to pg 103 & 104, (Unless you want to read the whole thing) and read the Conclusions (6.3.4) and tell me I am delusional. But, the way I read it, the report supports our side; the ban didn't work.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Haven't you learned yet, Senators and House Members don't read anything, They depend on "Bullet" points provided by staffers to make their case, base on predefined criteria.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
It doesn't matter to them if the last AWB was effective or not. They are already claiming that the last ban wasn't strong enough, which is why it didn't affect anything.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It doesn't matter to them if the last AWB was effective or not. They are already claiming that the last ban wasn't strong enough, which is why it didn't affect anything.
You are correct. This gun control they are talking about has very little to do with guns but a lot to do with control. The registration and fingerprinting is just the first stage. This way they will know who you are and what you have. I will not comply. They already have paperwork from when I purchased my weapons and that's all they're getting.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You can not resist ,resistance is feudal. Or so they hope.

171-0524045302-obama-borg-star-trek.jpg

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
You are correct. This gun control they are talking about has very little to do with guns but a lot to do with control. The registration and fingerprinting is just the first stage. This way they will know who you are and what you have. I will not comply. They already have paperwork from when I purchased my weapons and that's all they're getting.

This lady is out of her mind... it's almost like she's trying to start a war. I fully expect some new laws to come out of this mess, but I hope our elected leaders have more sense than this.

Just FYI... "they" don't have any paperwork from any weapon purchases. The paperwork(4473) is retained by the dealer, and that's as far as it goes unless there is some sort of criminal investigation. Hopefully, it stays this way.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Just FYI... "they" don't have any paperwork from any weapon purchases. The paperwork(4473) is retained by the dealer, and that's as far as it goes unless there is some sort of criminal investigation. Hopefully, it stays this way.

Good info, is the dealer to keep those forever or can they be discarded after some point in time? I'm surprised they aren't kept in some ATF database somewhere.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Good info, is the dealer to keep those forever or can they be discarded after some point in time? I'm surprised they aren't kept in some ATF database somewhere.

I believe it's 25 years, but don't quote me on that. It's far too much info for them to even think about keeping track of.

I try to get this out to as many people as I can. I run into guys all the time at gun shows, and they're afraid to buy from dealers because they think it's being tracked.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I believe it's 25 years, but don't quote me on that. It's far too much info for them to even think about keeping track of.

I try to get this out to as many people as I can. I run into guys all the time at gun shows, and they're afraid to buy from dealers because they think it's being tracked.

Man! A dealer can accumulate a lot of paperwork over 25 years. They'd have to have a warehouse to store it all.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member

That's the way I understood it and I'm glad you confirmed it. Class III they will always know about and hopefully they won't try and change that either. Unless they wanna make the process easier lol

kwo51

Full Access Member
Has to be hard copies not on the computer. There is a paper trail.The call to ATFE is not supposed to be kept more than 24 hours .In a house in Mexico.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Just looked it up... "If the transfer is made, the FFL must keep the Form 4473 for 20 years after the date of the sale or disposition."

There is no call to the ATF. If you don't have a CHL, there is a background check called into a section of the FBI(NICS). They just get your basic info, and whether you're buying a handgun, long gun or other(receiver for example). The only reason they even want that is because of the age requirements for a pistol vs a rifle. You could be getting a .22 bolt action, or an AR or a 50 cal... makes no difference to them, it's just a long gun.

kwo51

Full Access Member
NICS-ATFE -mouse!!! My bad.Here FFL calls and charges some extra money for any gun purchase.If you have a CCW there is no waiting period, if trading one in or getting long gun also.

Members online

No members online now.