Threading barrels?

STF

Full Access Member
Do you guys do this? I have a Savage bolt gun I'd like to get the barrel threaded on.

STF

Full Access Member
OK, let me figure out what I'm doing exactly and I'll let you know.

This is the gun:
2E191821-C104-486E-B4E2-C8BF71995D7A-8464-0000099EDBA8D6D7.jpg

I'm assuming that this process will mess up the hydrographics that are on it(correct me if I'm wrong). If so It's not a big deal as I didn't really like that look anyways so I'll probably have the barrel and receiver coated coyote brown or something.

Would you want just the barrel or the whole gun?

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
OK, let me figure out what I'm doing exactly and I'll let you know.

This is the gun:
2E191821-C104-486E-B4E2-C8BF71995D7A-8464-0000099EDBA8D6D7.jpg

I'm assuming that this process will mess up the hydrographics that are on it(correct me if I'm wrong). If so It's not a big deal as I didn't really like that look anyways so I'll probably have the barrel and receiver coated coyote brown or something.

Would you want just the barrel or the whole gun?

If you want to pull and reinstall the barrel yourself, that will bring your cost down to around $75.

If you want to send the whole gun, we will do out best to not trash the finish when pulling the barrel from the receiver. Sometimes, it's just plain unavoidable. We'll hook you up with a good deal on the refinishing if you want to go that route too.

STF

Full Access Member
The guy that did this one has quoted me $80 to refinish the receiver and the barrel. I believe that includes taking the rifle apart and it does stripping the coating that's on there off Which he said needs to happen.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
The guy that did this one has quoted me $80 to refinish the receiver and the barrel. I believe that includes taking the rifle apart and it does stripping the coating that's on there off Which he said needs to happen.

Your guy is correct... you have to take it down to the bare steel before refinishing. His price sounds about right too. $75 to do the bbl and action.

STF

Full Access Member
OK. I'll probably just have him do that portion since I already have a good relationship with him on that.

STF

Full Access Member
I've never taken this gun apart. When I remove the barrel and re install it will I have to worry about headspacing or is it set like on an AR?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts