UT - Concealed Weapons Law

ViperJeff

Administrator
I figure as I read and learn I might as well post what I find.

One of the more interesting lines I've read is:

A concealed firearm permit does NOT REQUIRE permit holders to conceal their firearms; It ALLOWS them to conceal them. It also allows permit holders to conceal other legal weapons, including knives, but not sawed off shotguns or sawed off rifles.

Even thought I had hear that a number of times, reading it just made it clearer when adding it to the "keeping and bearing of arms" in Utah which reads:

The individual right to keep and bear arms being a constitutionally protected right, the legislature finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state. Except as specifically provided by state law, a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien shall not be: [a] prohibited from owning, possessing, purchasing, selling, transferring, transporting, or keeping any firearm at, his place of residence, property, business, or in any vehicle lawfully in his possession or lawfully under his control; or required to have a permit or license to purchase, own, possess, transport, or keep a firearm

Really makes you wonder the thinking in Illinois

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
I figure as I read and learn I might as well post what I find.

One of the more interesting lines I've read is:

Even thought I had hear that a number of times, reading it just made it clearer when adding it to the "keeping and bearing of arms" in Utah which reads:

Really makes you wonder the thinking in Illinois

Just to clarify things about the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, It allows a person to carry a FIREARM Concealed, no other weapon. The Utah Permit used to be called a Concealed Weapons Permit, but Utah had a law against carrying a concealed knife, and the permit caused some confusion, so a couple of years ago, Utah Changed the name of the permit, to clear that confusion up, Firearm only, and Utah does not specify any particular firearm, In Utah's eyes, if you can conceal it, you can carry it, which is why I would like to get the LWRCI PSD, 8 inch barrel, 21 inches total length with the stock collapsed... I could carry that in my bag

Domin8

I'm a Utah resident, but living in Illinois. I miss being in the land of the free. One thing I feel I need to point out though. Chicago voted Obama in in Illinois. Many people outside of Chicagoland hate Obama and resist things like gun control.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts